HHCC Game #01 - vs. McNeese State (Nov. 25, 11:00 AM CST)

HuskerFever

Well, we're here. We're one week away from the start of the season. Or is it less than one week? Who knows. I'm just going to start this thread and adjust the opponent once it's more clear.

For those who are new to this game, check out the HHCC scoring and rules. But in layman's terms, just join. It's free, good for the HHC community, helps break up the season lulls, and you can prove that you're smarter than Ken Pomeroy.

As mentioned in the 2020-2021 Scoring and Rules thread, this season's HHCC is going to take some patience and community involvement. Schedules may change on a dime. I will try to create some flexibility in the bonuses and I'll try my best to keep up with the constantly changing scheduling.

HHCC Scoring and Rules:

https://huskerhoopscentral.com/forums/topic/14733-2020-2021-hhcc-scoring-and-rules/

THREE THINGS THIS HHCC ROUND:

1) Your score prediction for Nebraska vs. McNeese State (as usual).

2) BONUS (-5 points): Predicting the winning percentage of non-conference season (currently Nov. 25-Dec. 9) -- (e.g. I am looking for an answer like "100%," which indicates the percentage of: Nebraska Wins  / Total Nebraska Non-Conference Games.)

Because there are a lot of unknowns due to COVID-19 this season, I am switching from absolute number of wins to winning percentage. This is something that hasn't been done before, but we'll give it a shot. Based on some quick scenario analyses, I'm going to give a +/- 15 percentage point grace range for your prediction. For instance, if you predict a 50% winning percentage, I will accept 35% thru 65% if Nebraska's non-conference winning percentage falls within that window. This will provide some flexibility if Nebraska is forced to cancel any games for any reason (a cancelled game will not count toward Nebraska's Total Game count). Note, I will do something similar for conference predictions, but the grace range will be much lower due to there being many more games in comparison.

3) *Predicting the winning percentage of the entire regular season (non-conference + conference) (currently Nov. 25-Mar. 6) -- (e.g. I am looking for an answer like "100%," which indicates the percentage of: Nebraska Wins / Total Nebraska Games.)

* This will not count as a bonus (and it will not count against you), but in the past years it has been a missing data point of interest that would've been useful in seeing how closely we have come to predicting the outcome of the season

If anything is unclear, please ask. I tried to give flexibility while still setting the expectations around that flexibility, but that doesn't mean all the holes in the system have been addressed. If any of those things have not been addressed and we encounter an issue down the road, I'll try my best to make a reasonable judgment decision should that arise. More importantly, let's have some fun with this.

Edited by HuskerFever
Updated title to reflect opponent (McNeese State)

Huskers 92

McNeese 70

Non-Con wins: 57%

Total wins: 40% (although if this was counted toward the HHCC standings, I would go lower because I think our best-case scenario is 50%.  So taking the +/- 15% into account I'd probably say 35%).

• HuskerFever changed the title to HHCC Game #01 - vs. McNeese State (Nov. 25, 11:00 AM CST)