Bryce McGowens is N

hhcmatt

31 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

My mistake.  I was looking at the Rivals recruiting and it still had him as a verbal.. 

Ahhh, they’re a bit behind then. Hopefully by next year we’ll have the chance to go to a game and actually see him play too! March 8th, 2020 Nebraska at Minnesota is the last public event I attended before Covid shutdowns. Can’t wait to go to another game.

These prep schools that recruit obviously have talented players, but they are not enjoyable to watch. Everyone “runs” the stand around and watch James Harden offense. These kids don’t have to work on defense whatsoever. I’m looking for a player who is sweating and I seriously can’t find one. Not one player even looks tired.  In my area (and I assume most others), every high school team either runs set plays on every possession, some form of a motion, or a secondary break that flows into one of the two. So, every player constantly has a purpose and job on offense. There’s non-stop movement, so defenders are constantly having to move and work as well. 

Unfortunately, it took a whole lot of shots to get McGowens those points. He shot 43-131 from the field, 15-57 from 3 and 45-60 from the free-throw line with 8 assists and 15 turnovers in those seven games. 

Oak Hill: 23 pts, 7-18 FG (1-9 3FG), 8-11 FT, 8 reb, 1 tov, 3 blk

Hamilton Heights: 38 pts, 13-25 FG (6-13 3FG), 6-9 FT, 7 reb, 1 ast, 2 tov, 4 stl

Sunrise Christian: 10 pts, 3-17 FG (1-7 3FG), 3-6 FT, 4 reb, 4 tov, 1 blk

Montverde: 23 pts, 9-21 FG (4-9 3FG), 1-3 FT, 2 reb, 2 ast, 1 tov, 2 blk, 2 stl

Wasatch: 14 pts, 3-17 FG (2-8 3FG), 6-8 FT, 2 reb, 1 ast, 2 tov, 1 blk, 2 stl

Bishop Walsh: 18 pts, 5-15 FG (0-5 3FG), 8-9 FT, 3 reb, 2 ast, 2 tov, 2 blk

La Lumiere: 20 pts, 3-18 FG (1-6 3FG), 13-14 FT, 7 reb, 2 ast, 3 tov, 1 stl

In his defense, the point guard that's heading to South Carolina is pretty decent, but the rest of his team really doesn't stack up to most of the other teams in that event from what I saw. Still, he had a rough couple of weeks outside of that Hamilton Heights game.

2 hours ago, Jacob Padilla said:

Unfortunately, it took a whole lot of shots to get McGowens those points. He shot 43-131 from the field, 15-57 from 3 and 45-60 from the free-throw line with 8 assists and 15 turnovers in those seven games. 

Hamilton Heights: 38 pts, 13-25 FG (6-13 3FG), 6-9 FT, 7 reb, 1 ast, 2 tov, 4 stl

In his defense, the point guard that's heading to South Carolina is pretty decent, but the rest of his team really doesn't stack up to most of the other teams in that event from what I saw. Still, he had a rough couple of weeks outside of that Hamilton Heights game.

Yikes. He should fit right in then with those shooting percentages 😂

• 2 weeks later...

The negative...I watched the La Lumiere game and Bryce didn't shoot well from outside.  Everyone can see that from the box scores. 

The positive side was he got to the rim fairly easily and drew fouls.  That's good!   Got to the line a lot and shot well.

Edited by REDitus

3 hours ago, REDitus said:

The negative...I watched the La Lumiere game and Bryce didn't shoot well from outside.  Everyone can see that from the box scores. 

The positive side was he got to the rim fairly easily and drew fouls.  That's good!   Got to the line a lot and shot well.

I think he'll be as good as upperclass JPJ as a freshman, which is a hell of a compliment.  Their games are comparable.  

• 2 months later...
On 1/20/2021 at 3:46 PM, Jacob Padilla said:

I guess I feel like this is kind of bullshit misleading.

I just watched some highlights of a game they had against Sunrise. Sunrise has the #1 PG in the '21 class, and the #11 player overall in Kennedy Chandler. They have the #16 overall player in Kendall Brown. They have the #35 player in Zach Clemence. They have the #47 player in Jaden Akins. They have the #148 kid in Kenny Pohto. They have the #33 player from '22 in Grady Dick.

Sunrise Christian was up 21-11 after 1 quarter and about to boatrace Legacy Early until McGowens kind of got on track. 

You sort of tuck it in there at the end, your comment about the roster disparity -- Sunrise brings Rivals 150 guys in off the bench -- but it matters. A lot. Sunrise has 5 top-50-type players. They can sell out on defense guarding McGowens knowing no one else can really hurt them too much. You can't show those numbers and suggest that it's somehow a reflection that Bryce is just a high-volume, low-efficiency shooter, when it's basically him against those guys.

#1 PG Kennedy Chandler vs Bryce McGowens 🔥Future Pros put on a SHOW 🍿 - YouTube

4 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I guess I feel like this is kind of bullshit misleading.

I just watched some highlights of a game they had against Sunrise. Sunrise has the #1 PG in the '21 class, and the #11 player overall in Kennedy Chandler. They have the #16 overall player in Kendall Brown. They have the #35 player in Zach Clemence. They have the #47 player in Jaden Akins. They have the #148 kid in Kenny Pohto. They have the #33 player from '22 in Grady Dick.

Sunrise Christian was up 21-11 after 1 quarter and about to boatrace Legacy Early until McGowens kind of got on track. 

You sort of tuck it in there at the end, your comment about the roster disparity -- Sunrise brings Rivals 150 guys in off the bench -- but it matters. A lot. Sunrise has 5 top-50-type players. They can sell out on defense guarding McGowens knowing no one else can really hurt them too much. You can't show those numbers and suggest that it's somehow a reflection that Bryce is just a high-volume, low-efficiency shooter, when it's basically him against those guys.

#1 PG Kennedy Chandler vs Bryce McGowens 🔥Future Pros put on a SHOW 🍿 - YouTube

Amazing comeback and amazing performance by Bryce!