Bryce McGowens is N

hhcmatt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Has any team with a top 20, 5-star NOT made it to the NCAA Tournament?

Ben Simmons at LSU? 

All the time. Probably every single year. Not only were Markelle Fultz, Ben Simmons and Anthony Edwards 5 star recruits, but they were the #1 overall picks in the NBA draft and their teams didn't make the tournament. In basketball, unlike football, 5 stars don't all go to blue blood programs. 

1 minute ago, millerhusker said:

All the time. Probably every single year. Not only were Markelle Fultz, Ben Simmons and Anthony Edwards 5 star recruits, but they were the #1 overall picks in the NBA draft and their teams didn't make the tournament. In basketball, unlike football, 5 stars don't all go to blue blood programs. 

It's gotta be a short list though, right? 

7 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

It's gotta be a short list though, right? 

Honestly, no. Off the top of my head, for just this year, Arizona State has Josh Christopher (5 star and future first round pick), and they're below .500.  I'll fact check this later, but I'd guess every year there are multiple teams with 5 star recruits who don't make the tournament. 

Edit: Last year, Washington had three 5-stars on their team and went below .500 

Edited by millerhusker