18 Oregon State 0-0 240 14
19 DePaul 0-0 185 15
20 Ohio State 0-0 165 NR
21 Gonzaga 0-0 137 13
22 Notre Dame 0-0 125 NR
23 Syracuse 0-0 120 NR
24 Missouri State 0-0 95 23
25 Michigan 0-0 65 NR

The poles are based on how much you win games.  So the obvious answer is win more games. 

Coach has moved up to a tougher conference, coming to NU. She and staff are learning what it takes to compete at this level. Sure looks like they've stepped up

their game with the last few recruiting classes. The next few years should see an up tic for sure. 

Just my opinion, but think we had an attitude problem last year that soured the chemistry.  Now that's gone from the team.... we're not on that same path, and that's good.

Really want to see the new team play. The new players. See how the chemistry has changed...pretty sure it has....for the good. Wish we had more preseason games to get our act together. 

In general the B1G isn't overly strong in the ratings.  Maybe that's a good thing for us. We can get acclimated and develop and work our way into being competitive and not get crushed by other B1G teams. Up hill battle though...but we've a got a talented new team to get it done. And real nice classes coming  in the future.

Always optimistic. Like our team. Just wish we could get on the floor soon, and get this thing going.   : )

Thanks @redsteve. :Salute:   I was just going to go on this morning and post something after reading yesterday's forum.    Who knew we were considered to have the 21st rated incoming class :Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap:(or did I just dream that  :Lol:).  But you expressed what I was thinking much better than I could!  :Redface:

At last some information is beginning to filter down/through the percolater that is the WBB program.  Combined with the upcoming schedule release, hopefully later this week, I am getting excited for the WBB season to start (as long as it may last with possible cancellations and all from Covid etc). 

It will be interesting to see who of the incoming transfers will be eligible to play this year.  With the incoming class and transfers, we could be a Dark Horse in the conference this year!  :Cheer2:

Edited by Red Don

On 11/11/2020 at 10:51 AM, All About the Corn said:

Cazzie - Just the state of the program at this point. Until we can be a consistent team (NCAA Tourney) year in and year out we are going to get little respect. It also does not help when reporters sometimes question the choices this staff makes. 

There are reporters covering the team?   😃

I brought up the chemistry issue early in 2019 season and was questioned on that.  Maybe chemistry wasn't the word to use as it just seemed that our players skill sets didn't seem to mesh together into a cohesive team.  For example having to play people out of their natural position like point guard.  I see this as not being as much of an issue this season.

Really there was a few (reporters, commentators) who questioned Brown's continued role in coming off the bench. Plus we mostly went with the starters coming out after halftime. I could see some issues with team chemistry. Maybe one of the reasons Brown left was she was not happy with her continued role off the bench? I hope this is sorted out. One thing Coach Cook stated during last night's Red/White match was how CV19 had created a real close bond for the girls with limiting contact outside of their bubble. Maybe the same is happening with the WBB girls as well?