The blue team in Omaha

Just signed their 3rd 4* kid in a 4 man recruiting class.  Puts them at #8 recruiting class in the country for 2021.  So now, according to 247 they have signed their best overall recruit in the recruiting service era (another 4*) for this year and their #2 and #3 best recruits ever for next year.  Kids seem to be putting a lot of faith in a coach and a program that won't get them past the first weekend of the tournament, and will more likely than not end a season there with a torn ACL.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Interesting side note.  Two of the 4* kids in next year's class for them are both PG's.  I wouldn't be shocked to see them lose one of those guys to the transfer portal after a year.  But, I guess you can't have a 4* kid transfer out of your program if you don't get them on campus first.

I think they'll be fine.  I don't think the PG issue will be a problem with how they play kind of position-less small-ball.  Alexander was a PG in high school I believe, and played backup PG his freshman year.  Played off the ball the rest of his career.  I think one of the guards is a true PG, and the guy they just picked up last week is more of combo/scorer.

The Euro players should think twice about going to Omaha if they want intact ACLs, but otherwise a good recruiting haul. 

Kids seem to be putting a lot of faith in a coach and a program that won't get them past the first weekend of the tournament, and will more likely than not end a season there with a torn ACL.

Kind of like kids putting a lot of faith in coach with no track record of success at a high level or the ability to manage a program, that won't get them to a winning record or let them see the field until they are upper-classmen.  Sorry, I should not put my opinions on football here but I couldn't help it...

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, royalfan said:

for whatever reason I went over there to see how they digested this one.  Happened to notice that the most popular threads of all time there are "The Next President" and "Why I hate UNL" both well over 3-1 ratio of anything hoops related.  That is flat out comical.  A top 10 team with a bottom 10 team fan base.  

If you're running an off-topic section for forum members over the age of 30 you're basically running a fight club, especially when your visitors are a mix of people who hate Nebraska and people who own Nebraska gear.

• 3 months later...