The blue team in Omaha

Bugeaters1

On 11/13/2020 at 7:36 AM, hhcmatt said:

Brutal for sure.

Also I had missed that the Jays are extensively chugging from the international schnapps bottle

since we joined the BE its been 4 foreign recruits - krampelj, epperson, and the two guys in this class. good strategy IMO, cast a wide net

Just signed their 3rd 4* kid in a 4 man recruiting class.  Puts them at #8 recruiting class in the country for 2021.  So now, according to 247 they have signed their best overall recruit in the recruiting service era (another 4*) for this year and their #2 and #3 best recruits ever for next year.  Kids seem to be putting a lot of faith in a coach and a program that won't get them past the first weekend of the tournament, and will more likely than not end a season there with a torn ACL.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Interesting side note.  Two of the 4* kids in next year's class for them are both PG's.  I wouldn't be shocked to see them lose one of those guys to the transfer portal after a year.  But, I guess you can't have a 4* kid transfer out of your program if you don't get them on campus first.

I think they'll be fine.  I don't think the PG issue will be a problem with how they play kind of position-less small-ball.  Alexander was a PG in high school I believe, and played backup PG his freshman year.  Played off the ball the rest of his career.  I think one of the guards is a true PG, and the guy they just picked up last week is more of combo/scorer.

The Euro players should think twice about going to Omaha if they want intact ACLs, but otherwise a good recruiting haul. 

Kids seem to be putting a lot of faith in a coach and a program that won't get them past the first weekend of the tournament, and will more likely than not end a season there with a torn ACL.

Kind of like kids putting a lot of faith in coach with no track record of success at a high level or the ability to manage a program, that won't get them to a winning record or let them see the field until they are upper-classmen.  Sorry, I should not put my opinions on football here but I couldn't help it...

• 2 weeks later...

for whatever reason I went over there to see how they digested this one.  Happened to notice that the most popular threads of all time there are "The Next President" and "Why I hate UNL" both well over 3-1 ratio of anything hoops related.  That is flat out comical.  A top 10 team with a bottom 10 team fan base.  

6 hours ago, royalfan said:

for whatever reason I went over there to see how they digested this one.  Happened to notice that the most popular threads of all time there are "The Next President" and "Why I hate UNL" both well over 3-1 ratio of anything hoops related.  That is flat out comical.  A top 10 team with a bottom 10 team fan base.  

If you're running an off-topic section for forum members over the age of 30 you're basically running a fight club, especially when your visitors are a mix of people who hate Nebraska and people who own Nebraska gear.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

According to Rivals, none of Creighton’s verbal commits for the 2021 class have officially signed yet. Has anyone that covers Creighton recruiting discussed what is going on with that? It just seems odd to me that none of them have signed yet, but I haven’t heard any explanations as to why.

I’m pretty sure Miller’s final 2 were Creighton and Indiana. Any chance he’s taking another look at the Hoosiers with the new coaching change?

406C6F54-C780-48F7-915C-3F19F3487CC4.png

2 hours ago, Nebrasketballer said:

According to Rivals, none of Creighton’s verbal commits for the 2021 class have officially signed yet. Has anyone that covers Creighton recruiting discussed what is going on with that? It just seems odd to me that none of them have signed yet, but I haven’t heard any explanations as to why.

I’m pretty sure Miller’s final 2 were Creighton and Indiana. Any chance he’s taking another look at the Hoosiers with the new coaching change?

406C6F54-C780-48F7-915C-3F19F3487CC4.png

All three have signed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...