Keeping Up with Old Friends (The Transferred Thread)

hhcmatt

1 hour ago, CanadianHusker said:

I can’t believe that no one has mentioned that an old friend is already in the elite 8 and battling against a Nebraska school (Concordia) for a spot in the final four tonight! I half expected someone on the roster to be named Ricky Bobby! 😂

http://www.talladegatornadoes.com/SIDHelp/m/0/2/r|2256|Jervay Green|23.php

He’s 20 minutes from the final four, but I’m pulling for the Bulldogs! 

Well Jervay made it to the final four of the NAIA tourney on Monday. He wasn’t the best player in their team but was solid. 

53 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Man… turns out if you put a bunch of athletes, who are also a little crazy, around teddy allen, it works out really well. 

I suspect at no point during a last possession did anyone not pass the ball to Teddy Allen on that New Mexico St team.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Andre’s 26 lead Fresno State past Air Force 74-69

February 22, 2023 GMT

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Eduardo Andre had 26 points in Fresno State’s 74-69 win against Air Force on Tuesday night.

Andre had seven rebounds and three steals for the Bulldogs (10-17, 6-10 Mountain West Conference). Isaiah Hill scored 22 points while going 10 of 15 (2 for 5 from distance), and added eight assists and three steals. Jemarl Baker Jr. shot 3 of 5 from the field and 7 for 8 from the line to finish with 13 points.

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

He isn’t necessarily a transfer, but definitely an old friend.  Came across this on Twitter today.  Sounds like he’s doing well!

I think he still might be playing but he's transitioning from basketball player to self-improvement writer.  I unfollowed him on twitter about 6 months ago as the amount he posts on the subject became too numerous for my taste.

The funny thing is I wonder how much of parallel CJ Wilcher's career might have to McVeigh

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

I think he still might be playing but he's transitioning from basketball player to self-improvement writer.  I unfollowed him on twitter about 6 months ago as the amount he posts on the subject became too numerous for my taste.

The funny thing is I wonder how much of parallel CJ Wilcher's career might have to McVeigh

Yeah— I don’t follow him but it was one of those new “For You” tweets or whatever.

Great point about CJ though.  

From the outside looking in, I would provide one bit of advice to CJ.  This is the same advice I would give to him whether he stays or goes; and only applies when he is on the court.  Stop thinking!  Let your natural talent take the lead, and trust yourself.  He ends up looking mechanical, slow and indecisive.   

• 3 weeks later...