Keeping Up with Old Friends (The Transferred Thread)

hhcmatt

15 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Just wanted to say Fred Hoiberg would have at least 10 conference wins in 3 years if Kevin Cross was still here.

Are you presuming that Kevin would have developed here as well as he's developed somewhere other than here?

I'll be honest. I'm skeptical.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Are you presuming that Kevin would have developed here as well as he's developed somewhere other than here?

Derrick Walker is the only guy who has been here all 3 years of the Hoiberg era. What percentage of him getting better can we attribute to the coaching staff and what percentage is him being dedicated to getting better? 

I find it hard to determine our developmental ability because of our continuity issues.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Derrick Walker is the only guy who has been here all 3 years of the Hoiberg era. What percentage of him getting better can we attribute to the coaching staff and what percentage is him being dedicated to getting better? 

I find it hard to determine our developmental ability because of our continuity issues.

Great question.  It really is hard to tell without knowing about the player as an individual.  Walker’s free throw and FG percentages are really his biggest improvement, with the PPG following.  Is it coaching and development, him busting his hump on his own (like a Jerry Rice), or experience from actually playing last year paying dividends?  

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

That's a great question because I feel like Andre has regressed.

27 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

That's a great question because I feel like Andre has regressed.

Ed's a 2nd year center who hasn't played all that much basketball in his life. Might be one those guys were it takes 3-4 years for him to get there.  Might be a guy who needs a change in scenery. Might never get there.  Have to say he's the body we couldn't recruit besides Jordy in the last decade. 

42 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Ed's a 2nd year center who hasn't played all that much basketball in his life. Might be one those guys were it takes 3-4 years for him to get there.  Might be a guy who needs a change in scenery. Might never get there.  Have to say he's the body we couldn't recruit besides Jordy in the last decade. 

Ed is the kind of guy that transfers away and in a year or two he's the beast we wish we could have kept around.  It's been a minute since we had a guy like him.  I'm thinking Ubel.  I sure would like to see him stick around.

5 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I'm not.  I watched him shed all that weight on his own before the first season started, play with zero fear against every opponent, flash some skill here and there, play physical to the best of his ability, and get cut.  I knew when he shed the weight he was a keeper because it meant it he was motivated to do the work and get better on his own.  Completely horrible decision to turn him loose.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Happy for him. He can score at a high level and exhibited that this year. It'll be fun to watch him in the tourney 

8 hours ago, royalfan said:

Not sure they would be dancing without his performance tonight either.  Clutch plays at both ends of the court.  

Easley's shooting prowess has really been a boon, particularly in the title game as Baylor Scheierman had a bit of an off game offensively. It was a fun, evenly matched ballgame last night between SDSU and NDSU.

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t believe that no one has mentioned that an old friend is already in the elite 8 and battling against a Nebraska school (Concordia) for a spot in the final four tonight! I half expected someone on the roster to be named Ricky Bobby! 😂

http://www.talladegatornadoes.com/SIDHelp/m/0/2/r|2256|Jervay Green|23.php

He’s 20 minutes from the final four, but I’m pulling for the Bulldogs!