Keeping Up with Old Friends (The Transferred Thread)

hhcmatt

On 1/3/2022 at 10:32 PM, MitchMcGaryMunchies said:

I just noticed that Tulane recently (2017) reverted back to their old logo.... 

tulane_green_wave_logo_primary_2017_spor

I've always been a fan of Tulane's branding.  The color scheme is pretty unique, and the logos so ClipArt-ish that they make me smile.  Most colleges seem to hire the same marketing firm to select their logos, fonts, etc.  Then there's Tulane, who's all like "nah, that's not in the budget.  Anyone got a 4th grade daughter that is decent at art?"  

3 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

I've always been a fan of Tulane's branding.  The color scheme is pretty unique, and the logos so ClipArt-ish that they make me smile.  Most colleges seem to hire the same marketing firm to select their logos, fonts, etc.  Then there's Tulane, who's all like "nah, that's not in the budget.  Anyone got a 4th grade daughter that is decent at art?"  

Savannah State has been one of my go-to's in terms of artwork logos. Ten years of not being able to color between the lines:

Savannah-State-Tigers-Logo-history.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Teddy Allen matched a career high with 41 points on Saturday in New Mexico State's 77-63 win over Abilene Christian. "Teddy Buckets" scored 41 as a Nebraska Cornhusker last season, becoming just the third player this century with 40-point games at two different schools (Curtis Cobb III and Joe Knight).

Hadn't paid much attention, but NM State is 15-2 and 98 in KenPom. He's averaging 18.8 ppg and shooting 33% on 3s, looks to be in much better shape:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeoSTRV0p-U

Edited by Chuck Taylor
add video

9 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Hadn't paid much attention, but NM State is 15-2 and 98 in KenPom. He's averaging 18.8 ppg and shooting 33% on 3s, looks to be in much better shape:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeoSTRV0p-U

Some players and people mature later in life or, based on other threads, perhaps he's now being held more accountable.  In any event, I'm happy for him.

10 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Man I remember the days where... if Walt P hit a 3 on the first possession, it was like "welp, we got this one" went thought everyone's heads.

The 4 of us who sit together usually try to have a pool and each of us throws in $1 and we take turns picking who will score 1st basket for NU other than a free throw. Walt P for 3 was popular winner.

22 hours ago, Swan88 said:

Here's a part of Kevin Cross's stat line (spoiler alert--he isn't shooting many 3s any more):

79-148 .534 3-13 .231 44-60 .733

Watched him last night on ESPNU.  His game is much more inside out then when he was at nebraska.  Has slimmed down and looked great!  Jeriah Horne on the other hand hardly played and is the leading scorer for Tulsa.  Announcers couldnt figure it out.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

I'd still take Donovan Williams on this team anytime he wants to come back to the state. 

1 hour ago, thrasher31 said:

He's one that might hit the portal after the season imo. No inside knowledge, he just isn't playing anymore for OSU. 

Not sure D Will is very enamored with Hoiberg tho.

6 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

I'd still take Donovan Williams on this team anytime he wants to come back to the state. 

His "look at me" but also "woe is me" mentality, while not being nearly as good as he thinks he is, would fit right in the current Nebrasketball culture. I apologize for sounding so harsh here, but I sincerely don't want another guy like this on the roster. 

2 hours ago, millerhusker said:

His "look at me" but also "woe is me" mentality, while not being nearly as good as he thinks he is, would fit right in the current Nebrasketball culture. I apologize for sounding so harsh here, but I sincerely don't want another guy like this on the roster. 

He'd be the one guy who would care about the N on the uniform.  I doubt we'll ever see DW in a husker uniform so I'll just pretend that Quaran McPherson is from Norfolk.

• 2 weeks later...