Keeping Up with Old Friends (The Transferred Thread)

hhcmatt

• 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, 49r said:

2017-18: West Virginia 2018-19: Wichita State 2019-20: Western Nebraska CC 2020-21: Nebraska 2021-22: New Mexico State

How does one build a connection with a team, bouncing around this much.  Lets say he makes it to the NBA. Will a team have enough faith in him to stay more than a season?  I'm sure I'm just not seeing something here...but isn't it kind of abnormal for a player to transfer this much? 

2 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

2017-18: West Virginia 2018-19: Wichita State 2019-20: Western Nebraska CC 2020-21: Nebraska 2021-22: New Mexico State

How does one build a connection with a team, bouncing around this much.  Lets say he makes it to the NBA. Will a team have enough faith in him to stay more than a season?  I'm sure I'm just not seeing something here...but isn't it kind of abnormal for a player to transfer this much? 

Sometimes people just can't stay in one place too long, that's just how it is.  Look at Cam Mack.  

1 hour ago, Nighthawk said:

You can’t transfer in the NBA. If they think he can play someone will sign him and if he signs a contract he’s not going anywhere. 

21 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

You can’t transfer in the NBA. If they think he can play someone will sign him and if he signs a contract he’s not going anywhere. 

I don't think he can commit to a contract.  If he can't stay at a school for more than a year..I don't see him being able to sign a contract and stay with a pro team.  Unless he just signs one year contracts. 

5 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

I don't think he can commit to a contract.  If he can't stay at a school for more than a year..I don't see him being able to sign a contract and stay with a pro team.  Unless he just signs one year contracts. 

If he's lucky enough to be in situation where he's is offered a multiple year contract in the NBA he's signing the contract. 😂

So, there was that game where we didn't get off a last-second shot (or got off a really bad one) because Trey *had* the ball and Teddy *wanted* the ball and the spacing went to crap because Teddy was acting like he wanted a hand-off from Trey and Trey wasn't giving it to him.

How long after that game was it that Teddy left the team?

11 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

So, there was that game where we didn't get off a last-second shot (or got off a really bad one) because Trey *had* the ball and Teddy *wanted* the ball and the spacing went to crap because Teddy was acting like he wanted a hand-off from Trey and Trey wasn't giving it to him.

Answering my own question. That was Penn State, the second time. Lost by 3. Teddy played 2 more games after that -- notching a total of 7 points -- and was gone.

Basketball/Jimmy history lesson for the day: I attended the first game at the Pan American Center where the Aggies still play on Nov. 30, 1968. They beat Colorado State and had a powerhouse team that year coached by Lou Henson who later coached Illinois. They also played the NCAA opening round Western region tourney games there which I saw the month before I got married.  

9 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Answering my own question. That was Penn State, the second time. Lost by 3. Teddy played 2 more games after that -- notching a total of 7 points -- and was gone.

Wasn't that the Illinois game at the end of regulation?

10 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I'd say this was the part of the iceberg of one of these guys leaving the team that was over the surface of the water.