Keeping Up with Old Friends (The Transferred Thread)

hhcmatt

13 hours ago, hskr4life said:

No problem here— I was thinking you were talking about Deandre Davis which was a guard we used to have!

This is the same guy who was committed to us under Miles and ultimately decided to part ways after Fred was hired. D'Andre goes by Dre apparently. Noticed he has put on some weight as espn has him listed at 220 and his position as center (??). He was listed at 170 when he committed to us.

Edited by hugh42

3 hours ago, hugh42 said:

This is the same guy who was committed to us under Miles and ultimately decided to part ways after Fred was hired. D'Andre goes by Dre apparently. Noticed he has put on some weight as espn has him listed at 220 and his position as center (??). He was listed at 170 when he committed to us.

Thought the name sounded familiar!!

Jordy started for Dayton and had a solid game against Eastern Ill. 

Dayton 66
## Player GS MIN FG 3PT FT ORB-DRB REB PF A TO BLK STL PTS
02 Watson,Ibi * 37 6-11 2-6 2-2 0-6 6 0 1 2 0 0 16
40 Johnson,Chase * 34 5-6 3-3 1-2 2-5 7 2 4 2 1 0 14
10 Crutcher,Jalen * 36 4-9 2-4 3-5 0-5 5 1 6 4 0 1 13
32 Tshimanga,Jordy * 26 3-7 0-0 4-4 1-7 8 3 0 1 1 0

Thomas Allen stats
Edited by REDitus

Mitch, I agree with you. I vent merely to release the poison that has accumulated over the last 55 years (more for our long-suffering seniors). I don't agree, however that Sallis, or anyone else for that matter cannot be a "one-and-done" at NU. If they are great, the NBA will find them. There are several who have left college after one year who attended schools other than UK, Duke, N.C., U.C.L.A. and KU. At some future date Hoiberg will land a one-and-done, likely. I'm not sure Sallis is that caliber but we shall see. He will either sign w/ Carolina or UK.

52 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I don't think Sallis will be one-and-done regardless of where he goes. But sharing the rock with 10 other 5-stars at Kentucky isn't exactly the best way to get noticed.

Talent will get found anywhere if hes that good.  Kentucky hasnt had issues with multiole players drafted before on a loaded roster where their stats werent eye popping.

On 12/2/2020 at 6:34 PM, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

Just for the record: every man-jack listed above who left, or spurned NU can pound sand. Hunter Sallis is at the top of the list. Nice to see Texas Tech parted ways w/ the lanky forward we wasted our time with.... 

Nothing like adults telling kids how to live there dreams. Bad look for our fanbase my guy. 

Edited by huskerbill85

On 11/5/2020 at 2:40 PM, hhcmatt said:

Here is what I think is the full list

Jordy Tshimanga - Dayton

Jeriah Horne - Colorado

Jervay Green - Pacific

Dedoch 'D-Day' Chan - ???

Nana Ankenten - Southeast Missouri State

Cam Mack - Prairie View A&M

Amir Harris - George Washington

Thomas Allen - NC State

Charlie Easley - South Dakota State

Samari Curtis - Evansville

Karrington Davis - Butler Community College

Brady Heiman - South Dakota

Kevin Cross - Tulane

Did some searching on a few of these guys.

Nana and Cross are getting quality minutes for their teams.

Pretty surprised by Green, Curtis and Harris hardly getting any minutes for their teams...

5 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Did some searching on a few of these guys.

Nana and Cross are getting quality minutes for their teams.

Pretty surprised by Green, Curtis and Harris hardly getting any minutes for their teams...

There must be an injury for Harris, because he was a starter at times last year for them. Curtis is the most shocking out of that group not getting minutes though

8 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

There must be an injury for Harris, because he was a starter at times last year for them. Curtis is the most shocking out of that group not getting minutes though

It is very shocking.  I remember thinking he needed to be getting more minutes, but it looks like Fred might have been on to something.

12 hours ago, bkamler said:

Cross stats for Tulane:

26 minutes avg. per game

31% - FG percentage - yuk!

14% - 3 point percentage - stinky!

5.5 rebounds - pretty good 

Hopefully he improves I'm sure part of his decision to leave was a conversation with Hoiberg stating the talent coming in was better so his role would be reduced. I understand how hard that could be busting your ass in practice and in games each day with having the season laat years team had. Glad Cross was able to land on his feet no doubt he will be a solid player moving forward.

With that said I think the forward position outside of PG is the most improved position so far this season.