Biggs Article

TheGov21

It seems to me that Biggs is holding out hope that Akoy changes his mind...in which case he would definately want to sit out the year waiting for his buddy, so they have 2 years together. Early signing period starts 11/14...if Akoy signs with Louisville, I expect Biggs may decide to play right now.

I'm not sure Agau factors into his decision or not. There is a better than average chance that Biggs would be starting PG this year whereas if he wants and redshirts this year, there's also a good chance he might be in a backup role off the bench for his two seasons of eligibility. To me, that would be enough for him to want to play. I know MIles said he wants to play him so hopefully the coach will end up winning out.

If I am him I would want to play this year. Yes next year should be a better team overall but here is my thinking. With a freshman pg this year he will get a lot of playing time presumably as well as the juco walk-on and Gallegos also helping at the point. Thats not a ton of talent at the position you need to go up against. Now if you wait a year you then have a SR in Gallegos whose played more, the walk-on seasoned possibly, the freshman will have earned some time, and then you bring in Webster and Hawkins. If you hold out youre an unproven commodity fighting more people for playing time.

Could be he just wants to be apart of a better team for two year but the competitive side in me would want an easier shot to start as well as not having to sit a year.

Webster's arrival really changes things. By playing this year Biggs has a chance to establish himself a little. If he waits and Webster turns out to be the player everyone thinks he can be then Biggs will be on an equal playing field with him. I thought he would shirt but I think he plays now.

If our two best players next year happen to play the same position, I don't think this will limit their playing time. Miles was playing 4 guards last year so he doesn't seem a slave to having a traditional PG, SG, SF, PF, C lineup.

Webster's arrival really changes things. By playing this year Biggs has a chance to establish himself a little. If he waits and Webster turns out to be the player everyone thinks he can be then Biggs will be on an equal playing field with him. I thought he would shirt but I think he plays now.

I dont think it really change's Bigg's situation at all. Bigg's knows this year is going to be a tough situation to play in, next year the team will have alot better depth and more athletes. I think he'll redshirt in hopes of next year's greener pastures. Plus Webster is projected more as a shooting guard, they will most certainly see the court at the same time.