Jump to content

Higher Win Percentage this Season: Basketball or Football?


Higher Win Percentage this Season: Basketball or Football?   

44 members have voted

  1. 1. Higher Win Percentage this Season: Basketball or Football? Chat with a friend I brought here.

    • Basketball
      41
    • Football
      3


Recommended Posts

I was having a chat about this with a friend and thought I'd bring it here for expert analysis.

 

You've seen one football game.  You've seen our basketball roster.  

 

Which program finishes with a higher winning percentage this season? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

Considering Wisconsin is going to shut down the Big Ten football season and we're 0-1, I'd like to think our basketball team will have 1 or more wins this season to beat out the current football winning percentage.


My timing couldn’t have been worse on this post.  Not sure we’d have beat Wisky regardless but I’m guessing they’ll magically return to health for their Purdue game next weekend.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LK1 said:


My timing couldn’t have been worse on this post.  Not sure we’d have beat Wisky regardless but I’m guessing they’ll magically return to health for their Purdue game next weekend.  

I would hope we could beat Sconnie when they’re down to their 4th string QB. But stranger things have happened. 
 

Once they were down to that dude, I figured they would do whatever they could to punt this one away. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, atskooc said:

I would hope we could beat Sconnie when they’re down to their 4th string QB. But stranger things have happened. 
 

Once they were down to that dude, I figured they would do whatever they could to punt this one away. 

Wisconsin was still -3 as of this morning, prior to the cancellation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jayschool said:

Wisconsin was still -3 as of this morning, prior to the cancellation.

Ok.

 

Not being a gambler, I don't pay much attention to point spreads, as they only concern the amount of money people are betting, not the actual outcomes of the games (unless something dirty is going on).

 

If we can't beat Sconnie when they're down to their 4th stringer, then we're a lot worst than I think we are.

Edited by atskooc
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, atskooc said:

Ok.

 

Not being a gambler, I don't pay much attention to point spreads, as they only concern the amount of money people are betting, not the actual outcomes of the games (unless something dirty is going on).

 

If we can't beat Sconnie when they're down to their 4th stringer, then we're a lot worst than I think we are.

We lost 70-31 to a six-loss Badger team playing its third-string QB. And that was WITH defensive geniuses Bo and Carl Pelini on our sideline.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jayschool said:

We lost 70-31 to a six-loss Badger team playing its third-string QB. And that was WITH defensive geniuses Bo and Carl Pelini on our sideline.

 

If Ameer Abdullah doesn't fumble a punt the week before against Iowa, that game might have had a different outcome.

 

Two plays after the fumbled punt, Baker blows a knee.  So against Wisconsin they have to move Cameron Meredith Baxter Birney inside to tackle, where he had no chance of holding up.  The defense overcompensates to try to defend the middle of the field, Melvin Gordon runs wild on the jet sweep, and you know the outcome.  With Baker do they have a chance?  Maybe.  And then Bo goes to Arkansas, doesn't burn the program down when he leaves, we don't hire Mr. Rogers, and who knows what happens.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 12:15 PM, jayschool said:

We lost 70-31 to a six-loss Badger team playing its third-string QB. And that was WITH defensive geniuses Bo and Carl Pelini on our sideline.

I watched that game at a Bar in River Falls Wisconsin decked out head to toe in Husker gear. That being said, the beginning of the McCaffrey era should scare up 2-3 wins, Fred’s squad should/could hover around .500

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

It’s looking like a 2-6 season in football if we are lucky so I hope bball can beat that. 
 

While last year was rough for the basketball team I never thought we had an issue with coaching or X’s and O’s  We just didn’t have the horses. Football? Frost looks like he is in over his head. 

 

Much as I hate to say it, it is kind of looking that way. Which is surprising because I thought season 1 showed some promise.

 

It especially sucks when the guy who engineered the most impressive drive of last season is now the starting QB at Rutgers, completed 66% of his passes for 165 yards against Ohio State, and hasn't had a game with less than 130 yards passing or 61% completions this season.

 

Meanwhile, the guy we started over him, who 2 years ago I thought was maybe going to be the best passing QB in program history, is languishing at 57% passing for 105 yards per game.

 

Was Stanley Morgan the only reason why Adrian looked so good as a freshman?

 

He's clearly regressed. Is that him or is that coaching or some combination of the two?

 

Right now, we suck. That's all there is to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...