Freshmen as a core group???

75unlgrad

Is Fred (and Matt) building our next team with freshmen as the foundation??  I think the possibility is there.  Consider:

Andre = 6'10" center with a 7'4" wingspan that likes to play defense and rebound

Woods = 6'5" combo guard (was a Top 150 player as a sophomore but was down-graded for not playing summer ball)

Breidenbach = 6'10" center/power forward (plays for one of the top high school programs and is rated anywhere from Top 53 to not being in the Top 150)

McGowens = 6'6" shooting guard/small forward -- rated as a 5-star player

Traudt = 6'8" perimeter/power forward -- rated as a 4-star player with potential to be a 5-star

= 5 other scholarships available  (I hope for 2 or 3 more freshmen and 2 juco's /transfers and maybe have one open scholarship for that late transfer)

I like that we are starting this group with two good options at the center position -- when were we ever this strong at this position (most years we didn't have even one)

If we get McGowens (and I'm already counting him in -- I can't help myself), then I think we get Traudt.  He will see what Fred is building and that he 'fits' this style perfectly.  He is a Nebraska boy.  He grew up a Husker fan.  I think we get him.  And these players help us get other top-rated players.

And the ball keeps rolling, and rolling, and rolling our way.  GBR!!!!

Traudt:

“I grew up a fan of Oklahoma and it was really neat to get an offer from them,” he said. ”My mom's side of the family is all Oklahoma fans. My grandpa is a big OU fan and that is why I grew up a fan.”

https://omaha.com/sports/high-school/recruiting/plus/isaac-traudts-recruitment-grows-with-six-power-conference-offers-in-one-week/article_5c7b9cbd-3e19-59bf-b48f-bf65ddc117f1.html

1 hour ago, Jacob Padilla said:

Traudt:

“I grew up a fan of Oklahoma and it was really neat to get an offer from them,” he said. ”My mom's side of the family is all Oklahoma fans. My grandpa is a big OU fan and that is why I grew up a fan.”

https://omaha.com/sports/high-school/recruiting/plus/isaac-traudts-recruitment-grows-with-six-power-conference-offers-in-one-week/article_5c7b9cbd-3e19-59bf-b48f-bf65ddc117f1.html

Lol

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, basketballjones said:

I have been in all of these guys basements to view their rec rooms - and let me make it clear for the board, we will not be getting Traudt or Sallis. Sorry fellas. 

Does Kevin Cross still have his Nebraska poster up?  Just in case he ends up as a grad transfer down the road....