2022 PG Avery Brown -> Columbia

• 5 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

You'd have to think so if he agrees to these meetings

Yeah, I hope so.

I just wondered because in the article he said a paragraph or more about Indiana, Missouri, UCONN, and Ohio St, and the schools that were mentioned in the article are Indiana, Mizzou, Georgia, Ohio State, UConn, Providence, Xavier, St. John’s, Penn State, Yale, and Kansas State. But I didn’t see any mention of Nebraska.

2 hours ago, Nebrasketballer said:

Yeah, I hope so.

I just wondered because in the article he said a paragraph or more about Indiana, Missouri, UCONN, and Ohio St, and the schools that were mentioned in the article are Indiana, Mizzou, Georgia, Ohio State, UConn, Providence, Xavier, St. John’s, Penn State, Yale, and Kansas State. But I didn’t see any mention of Nebraska.

I’d say that the previous offer made was the start and after getting McGowens they are capitalizing on the 5 star recruiting wave. It’s a lot easier to sell the future when you can get a guy like him to buy in. 

9 hours ago, TheKamdyMan said:

I’d say that the previous offer made was the start and after getting McGowens they are capitalizing on the 5 star recruiting wave. It’s a lot easier to sell the future when you can get a guy like him to buy in. 

Great point. Ride that tide to get your foot in the door. Next step is win some games this year to keep the momentum and be able to sell players on the idea that you're building something. That's a tough sell if you're not winning.

10 hours ago, TheKamdyMan said:

I hope they can do this and capitalize on getting McGowens. A 2022 class with guys like Avery Brown, Ramel Lloyd Jr, and Perry Smith Jr would be huge for this program.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
17 minutes ago, Art Vandalay said:

I think that might be a little dated. It seems we are very much in the hunt per this short interview.

https://t.co/DWwu0FPQI3

From that article:

Which programs would you consider heavily involved?

“Nebraska, Mizzou, Indiana, Notre Dame, and Virginia.

.  . .

You have also now locked in your first official visit, where to?

“Nebraska and I are still in heavy contact. My official visit to them is June 25-27 and I’m excited to go out there and visit the university and its facilities.”

Where do things stand with them?

“Coach Hoiberg and Coach Matt have done multiple zooms with me and we actually had a zoom call early this morning. They constantly show me their fast style of play and how they execute on the offensive end and how it fits my game. I feel like Nebraska will be a great team next year with the guys coming in.”

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/2022-rivals150-pg-avery-brown-excited-to-see-nebraska

Pretty standard recruiting piece.  Nothing out of the norm.  Probably the thing that stands out the most is that he wants to play for an up-tempo team...but is considering Virginia? 

• 1 month later...