2022 PG Avery Brown -> Columbia

• 2 weeks later...

As we are waiting for word on who Nebraska is after to fill Banton's spot, here's another tidbit--strictly for speculation purposes:

Avery Brown was young for his original class of 2021, so he "reclassified to 2022 and the move is paying off with high majors getting involved recently."  The "recently" is in an article from a year ago.

• 2 months later...

Was thinking this morning about next year's team post McGowens brothers, and there's a massive hole at PG. They'll lose both move and Trey. McPherson can show me he's ready to fill in, but I imagine we take a transfer and I'd prioritize the hell out of Avery brown. 

This can all get thrown for a loop if one of our 2023 PG targets reclassify (Simeon or chase for example). But I'd put as much as I can towards Avery

14 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

Was thinking this morning about next year's team post McGowens brothers, and there's a massive hole at PG. They'll lose both move and Trey. McPherson can show me he's ready to fill in, but I imagine we take a transfer and I'd prioritize the hell out of Avery brown. 

This can all get thrown for a loop if one of our 2023 PG targets reclassify (Simeon or chase for example). But I'd put as much as I can towards Avery

I'd bet hes a guy that waits until the spring.  Obviously its a double edged sword there but it gives us a chance to see where we are at and if he has progressed since he didn't get a junior year of basketball.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • hhcmatt changed the title to 2022 PG Avery Brown -> Columbia
12 hours ago, 49r said:

I mean you get to live in Manhattan for free for four years AND get an Ivy League education?  Not a bad deal TBH.

NYC is on my shortlist of places in America I could never live. It would drive me clinically insane. 

2 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

NYC is on my shortlist of places in America I could never live. It would drive me clinically insane. 

The thing about NY, and quite frankly any city is that although you live in the city, you actually reside in a neighborhood.  The key is finding the right area/neighborhood. 

5 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

The thing about NY, and quite frankly any city is that although you live in the city, you actually reside in a neighborhood.  The key is finding the right area/neighborhood. 

Which neighborhood in NYC has fresh air, public land, and a low population density? I could live in that one. Bonus points for mountain access. 😉