2022 G Ben Shtolzberg -> Creighton

2 hours ago, Swan88 said:

Ha!  In Larry's words, "Now that's funny right there I don't care who you are."  Highly ranked recruit (# 83 per 247) commits to Huskers--becomes unranked by Rivals.  Unranked recruit commits to Jays--comes in at a Rivals # 126.

The reality is nothing has changed for Ramel.  He has the same potential as when we offered him.  He is very long and has good guard skills.  Assuming he comes back from the injury well he has very good upside.  I just hope it isn’t a case like Banton where we don’t get to see the fruit of all of those tools until after he is done at NU.

Schtolzberg (or however the heck you spell it) was probably undervalued early on as others were saying.  Hoiberg liked him enough to offer and he doesn’t go after slouches.  He looks like the better college guard to me at first glance.  Ramel has much better NBA potential based on his measureables.

My internet genius qualifications are nil. 

But here are some Rivals comparisons on highest-level offers (using first names of recruits for obvious reasons--and schools listed alphabetically):

Ramel: Arizona, Arizona St., Arkansas, Baylor, Illinois, Kansas, LSU, Oklahoma St., USC, Washington. 

Ben: Boston College, Butler, Northwestern, USC, Washington.

1 hour ago, Swan88 said:

My internet genius qualifications are nil. 

But here are some Rivals comparisons on highest-level offers (using first names of recruits for obvious reasons--and schools listed alphabetically):

Ramel: Arizona, Arizona St., Arkansas, Baylor, Illinois, Kansas, LSU, Oklahoma St., USC, Washington. 

Ben: Boston College, Butler, Northwestern, USC, Washington.

Ramel reminds me a lot of the type of athletes Bill Self recruits.

• 1 year later...