Extra Year of Eligibility?

royalfan

Sounds like this is going to be a think for basketball.  Does anyone have an insight on this.  Seems to me that guys like Teddy, Mcgowens, would have three years left to play instead of 2.  Seniors won't count against ships apparently if they come back, but school has to pay for the scholarship?  Very puzzled as to why there are making this decision after last years seniors got bent over badly.  The transfers around the land are going to be massive, as if they already weren't.  

1 hour ago, NUdiehard said:

Does anyone know why they didn’t seek a waiver for Lakes to play this year?  Now with this extra year of eligibility he could have played this entire year and next year. 

Are we sure he needs a waiver? I don’t think he does moving up but certainly not sure but wondered this as well.  If heart set on only playing through next year why not be eligible now as well?  Better yet hopefully he likes college as much as I did and is in no hurry:)

1 hour ago, NUdiehard said:

Does anyone know why they didn’t seek a waiver for Lakes to play this year?  Now with this extra year of eligibility he could have played this entire year and next year. 

Moving up levels makes it really hard to present a case of anything other than trying to improve your status. Despite most appeals going through I feel like this one would be tough to win imo. 

7 hours ago, royalfan said:

Are we sure he needs a waiver? I don’t think he does moving up but certainly not sure but wondered this as well.  If heart set on only playing through next year why not be eligible now as well?  Better yet hopefully he likes college as much as I did and is in no hurry:)

Moving up requires you to sit out, moving down does not.  One reason might be to keep Div 2/3 from becoming minor league farm systems.