P.O. Pears torn down.

jimmykc

The razing of P.O.Pears yesterday reminded me of the long ago HHC gathering which featured the alumni of Danny Nee's best team. Most all of them showed up, and I managed to visit with Rich King, Beau Reid, and Jose Ramos for extended periods as well as the legendary Dave Brandon (Godfather of HHC). Also bought ex-Sports editor of the LJS, John Mabry a beer. Anyone else have a P.O. Pears memory to share? 

2 hours ago, colhusker said:

Was never old enough while growing up in Lincoln and went to college in Kearney.  Then on to grad school here so only got there one time.  Did meet a nice girl there.

Hey, that's no excuse. I went to Kearney and made it to Pears a number of times! Although I did date, marry and divorce a girl from Lincoln so I ended up in town often.

12 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

Did you try the burgers there?  Outstanding.  

Of course.  I didn't think they were all that great, which is probably why I didn't get the lure of the place.  It was likely out of disappointment because their burgers were always spoken so highly of.

Without a good burger, it was basically just a place with weird shit hanging on the walls and from the ceiling.

The back room was pretty fun sometimes when there was a band, but that's about it for me.