Big Ten team news...(Hoopla's picks complete p. 17)

whoopdeedoo

2 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

I would throw an argument at you though...is the WNBA a bigger stage then she has right now?  

There may be more jingle in her pocket; but I am not convinced more people will watch/follow her than what she has right now.

well, if you look back at her interview when she committed, i wouldn't be shocked if she did come back. she's got a ton of $$$ already.

I am making arguments out of frustration HUD.  The WNBA has been around for 27 seasons.  They have had a stage for some tremendous players.  But yet, for basketball fans, sports fans in general and fans of specific players, it barely averages 5,000 a contest.  Heck, take Seattle out of the equation and it would reduce that number even more.  Why???

I guess my point, if there is a point to be made, is that Clark may derive much greater benefit sitting in Iowa City and playing out her elibility.  That of course would include a hefty insurance package in case of injury.  Heck, Iowa City and Des Moines are insurance capitals, so there probably is a NIL deal somewhere in her package. 🤔 

Edited by Huskerpapa

11 minutes ago, HUD said:

On another topic it will be interesting to see the competition between Maggie Mendelson and Andi Jackson in tonight's volley ball scrimmage.  How that battle plays out this season may have a bearing on Maggies basketball future.

Is anyone streaming the scrimmage?    I see 107.3 is listed for radio coverage.

• whoopdeedoo changed the title to Big Ten team news...(Hoopla's picks complete p. 17)
  • 3 weeks later...

Fralick comments on MSU for the upcoming season:

https://statenews.com/article/2023/10/at-our-best-we-will-be-tough-fralick-and-the-msu-womens-basketball-team-look-to-make-a-statement-this-season

"We're developing who we are at our best," Fralick said. "We're fast, we're aggressive. We attack, whether that's getting to the free throw line or putting pressure on the defense. We must win the turnover battle and convert that into points. At our best, we will be tough, together and connected."

Edited by whoopdeedoo