Big Ten team news...(Hoopla's picks complete p. 17)

whoopdeedoo

guess WNIT grabbed minny (14-17?). MSU and Northwestern supposedly turned them down. 

can't play at Williams with girls tourney going on this week. boys next week. 

wonder if they send them to SDSU? 

edit: Minny @ Green Bay, then possibly @ SDSU

with Clouden announcing her intentions of going pro, add MSU injuries, i can understand why they declined. Northwestern has a pretty young squad...think it would be good experience for them.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

should add, not a bad hire. (anyone know why this prints in big and bold letters?)

Edited by whoopdeedoo

ummm...🤔...find that 2nd paragraph rather interesting

Edited by whoopdeedoo

this is a pretty big loss for minny...

sissoko is a bit of a head-scratcher. i've watched a few of the minny games where she was a world-beater for half of the game. then, for whatever reason, would disappear the rest of the game. no idea if it's the game plan or sissoko. she could get in foul trouble that would limit her at times, but, man....there is a lot of potential there. she could be so dominant at times.

i'm sure i read in an article (where she was named East Metro POY) that had her listed at 5' 2"😳

i know ISU has a "shorty" (i say that with no disrespect) on their squad so went and looked it up---she is listed at 5' 3" also. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Illinois' base salary for Shauna Green:

The State Farm Center recently went through a $170 million renovation, which was completed in 2016. The Ubben Basketball Complex, which houses both the men’s and women’s basketball programs, is currently undergoing a $40 million renovation. And Whitman is investing heavily in Green and her eventual staff. Green will make $800,000 in base salary annually over a six-year contract, up from predecessor Nancy Fahey’s $544,900 base salary and one of the top-half known salaries in the Big Ten.

wow! although, not a complete shock to me. i watched her body language against the huskers and some other games. not good. i would take her in a heartbeat!