Trey McGowens Eligible for the 2020-21 season

hhcmatt

I'm with Frost on this kinda thing. I want guys who want to play here to play here. If he doesn't want to be here, fine. I'm not losing sleep on Samari Curtis going somewhere else. He is not only replaceable, but also needs to hit the road if he's not committed to being here.

Same goes with Donovan Williams. If he doesn't want to play with Teddy, fine. Go somewhere else.

Have a feeling I'm going to be a lot happier with Teddy Allen than I was with Deverell Biggs.

And, for those not keeping score, our two jucos from last year had some character flaws as well.

Hell, *I* have character flaws. Show me the guy on ANY roster ANYWHERE in the country who has no character flaws.

I don't buy that recruits are making judgments about a school because a player on the roster transferred from a prior school and *whispers* may have had some character issues.

39 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I'm with Frost on this kinda thing. I want guys who want to play here to play here. If he doesn't want to be here, fine. I'm not losing sleep on Samari Curtis going somewhere else. He is not only replaceable, but also needs to hit the road if he's not committed to being here.

Same goes with Donovan Williams. If he doesn't want to play with Teddy, fine. Go somewhere else.

Have a feeling I'm going to be a lot happier with Teddy Allen than I was with Deverell Biggs.

And, for those not keeping score, our two jucos from last year had some character flaws as well.

Hell, *I* have character flaws. Show me the guy on ANY roster ANYWHERE in the country who has no character flaws.

I don't buy that recruits are making judgments about a school because a player on the roster transferred from a prior school and *whispers* may have had some character issues.

I could be wrong but it felt more like the timing of TA signing, in some regards recruiting over him while he's questioning how much of Nebraska's desire to keep him amounts to obligation, seemed like the issue as opposed to some personal gripe with TA.  At that point the lineup for 2020-21 when he signed included Mack, Green, Burke, and Allen and where does that leave DW in terms of playing time?  The remark about not recruiting freshmen (obviously not accurate) seems to validate this, IMO.

Same sort of deal as Samari...coach change/bad timing...move on and hope it works out for everyone.

8 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Yeah...there is a reason that the staff didn't shed too many tears when Samari left.  I will not bash a kid just because he left, but the dude didn't really seem to know what he wanted out of a coach, team or program.  Talent alone does not make a player.

Yep, Samari Curtis gave me no reason to really wish he hadn't left, other than the immediate Jervay Green 2-game suspension. I hope he found somewhere that he felt comfortable, because he likely wasn't going to be a team player in Lincoln, in my opinion.

Trey got a little love in the CBS Sports power rankings, although our boys overall got bashed.  I look forward to Matt Norlander eating crow on this quote:

"139. Nebraska: Pitt transfer Trey McGowens is among the most important transfers in power-conference play this season, as he'll give Fred Hoiberg's team some hope to pick off a few games. This looks like the worst team in the Big Ten by far."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/division-i-college-basketball-rankings-teams-69-200-out-of-357-as-the-2020-21-season-approaches/

On 11/4/2020 at 6:00 PM, aphilso1 said:

Trey got a little love in the CBS Sports power rankings, although our boys overall got bashed.  I look forward to Matt Norlander eating crow on this quote:

"139. Nebraska: Pitt transfer Trey McGowens is among the most important transfers in power-conference play this season, as he'll give Fred Hoiberg's team some hope to pick off a few games. This looks like the worst team in the Big Ten by far."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/division-i-college-basketball-rankings-teams-69-200-out-of-357-as-the-2020-21-season-approaches/

It’s statements like these that always make me wonder how much the person *realllllly looked into our roster or if they just looked at what we lost.

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

It’s statements like these that always make me wonder how much the person *realllllly looked into our roster or if they just looked at what we lost.

Right. Reminds of Miles' second year, when we had lost our two best players (Talley and Ubel), and our sit-out transfers becoming eligible had pretty mediocre stats at their previous schools. I think we were predicted to finish last in the conference that year and we turned out to be a tournament team. 

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

They've got hundreds of teams to look at.  It's no surprise they don't spend much time on most of the programs.