Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I may or may not have found a box score for this scrimmage that may or may not have been accidentally posted somewhere and Teddy Allen may or may not have put up 29 points in a 21-point Red team win t

#NewProfilePic

Just to bring this thread completely off the rails     Goodbye Kevin Cross Though I never knew you at all And it seems to me you lived your life Like a candle in the wi

Posted Images

Ok I'm intrigued by what you're reading into this.

 

Are we presuming that the Red Team in these clips are the presumptive starters?  That would be shocking.  Kobe not in the starting lineup, plus Eduardo beating out both Walker and Yvan...that would certainly be something noteworthy.  Alternatively, if we aren't assuming the Reds are the starters, then why would we assume that Trey wearing Red means he will likely be eligible?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

Ok I'm intrigued by what you're reading into this.

 

Are we presuming that the Red Team in these clips are the presumptive starters?  That would be shocking.  Kobe not in the starting lineup, plus Eduardo beating out both Walker and Yvan...that would certainly be something noteworthy.  Alternatively, if we aren't assuming the Reds are the starters, then why would we assume that Trey wearing Red means he will likely be eligible?

 

I would tend to think red is presumptive starters, which means I would also tend to think they think McGowens will play.

 

How would you read it?

Edited by Norm Peterson
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we're going to like Lat. He made 86-100 threes in a practice drill a few weeks ago. I just keep having flashbacks to the wide open threes Kavas and Cross would have as the trailer in our offense last year. He reportedly has a non-stop motor. We need guys like that. I felt we only had two players on last year's team that played with consistently great effort - Haanif and Thor. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

While I'm sure were optimistic for McGowens we're still at the mercy of whatever the NCAA decides. 

 

If Allen/Banton can handle the PG duties, then it makes a lot of sense to have Webster come off the bench because Webster and Allen are shaping up to be the primary shot takers and you'd like to have one on the court at all times. Regardless of who might start between Webster and McGowens they're both going to see a lot of minutes. Also if Allen and Webster are your primary on-court leaders then it makes sense to have them split up for the purposes of scrimmaging.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

 

I would tend to think red is presumptive starters, which means I would also tend to think they think McGowens will play.

 

How would you read it?

 

I'd be shocked if Kobe starts on the bench and Eduardo is in the starting lineup.  Surprises happen, and one of those two things occurring wouldn't be crazy.  But both?  That seems pretty unlikely. I'm guessing that the teams were split for competitive balance -- putting your best ball handler on one team (Kobe) and your second and third best on the other team (Banton and Teddy).  Which, if true, means there isn't a whole lot to infer about Trey's eligibility status.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, millerhusker said:

From all the videos and photos I've seen, I've made the observation that Trey, Teddy, Banton and Lat are always in the same group. 

 

Barring another NCAA clearing absurdity, I think these four can be penciled into the starting lineup.  They give us a lot of flexibility to bring in a 5 with Yvan or small ball with Thor or Shamiel or Kobe.  So many options.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the X-factor this year is going to be Lat.  Not only whether he can be a true impact player, but an impact player at the 5. He could open up the lane and so many other options on offense. Question is whether he can guard opposing 5 and rebound. Hear he is relentless, so that will help, but is he big and strong enough. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NUdiehard said:

I think the X-factor this year is going to be Lat.  Not only whether he can be a true impact player, but an impact player at the 5. He could open up the lane and so many other options on offense. Question is whether he can guard opposing 5 and rebound. Hear he is relentless, so that will help, but is he big and strong enough. 

 

I think we could see small spirts where Lat functions as the 5 but him at the 5 means that you're fielding a lineup that doesn't include Yvan, Walker, or Eduardo. (You could make the argument that Stevenson with his bulk might play the 5 if he was in).  With him and Banton on the floor you wouldn't have a ton of bulk but your height would still be there.

 Really depends on who were matching up with and what we're trying to accomplish. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, millerhusker said:

Washut's current  projection: Banton, McGowens, Teddy, Lat, Yvan. 

 

So, if we're evening out the teams to make them competitive by moving Yvan to the whites and bringing in Eduardo Andre, then Yvan must be going in beast mode in practices this fall. "You can take the rest of the starters and Andre; we'll take Yvan. Losers run. Deal?" 😮

Edited by Norm Peterson
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...