Introducing the Nebrasketbubble

hhcmatt

31 minutes ago, rwhiston said:

I would love it if Teddy hangs 30 that night. His last points are a step back 3 over Donovan. Kent yells dagger. Teddy turns and as he gets back on defense he and Fred make eye contact and they both...

giphy.gif 

Dagger?

I’m hoping we’d be up 20 by that point. 

On 10/6/2020 at 12:33 PM, 49r said:

KenPom 2020 rankings for the teams we know:

37 - LSU

49 - Northern Iowa

85 - Nevada

162 - Nebraska

220 - Illinois St

313 - Cleveland St

53 - Oklahoma St**

**but oSu added the #8 recruiting class for 2020.  (ESPN #2) 5* Cade Cunningham, (ESPN #55) 4* Rondel Walker, 4* Donovan Williams, 4* Matthew-Alexander Moncrieffe and 3* Montreal Pena

20 hours ago, rwhiston said:

I would love it if Teddy hangs 30 that night. His last points are a step back 3 over Donovan. Kent yells dagger. Teddy turns and as he gets back on defense he and Fred make eye contact and they both...

giphy.gif 

I'd actually love to see Donovan just sit on the bench night all night and not get any playing time as we roll Oklahoma State.

Edited by kldm64

With two teams from the Mo Valley and two teams from the Mountain West, there may some intra-conference games involved if it's a straight 16-team bracket-style tournament OR they might divide the teams into two eight-team divisions — three games guaranteed with the fourth game a cross-division game based on finish.

Fun and interesting, whatever the format.

2 hours ago, jayschool said:

With two teams from the Mo Valley and two teams from the Mountain West, there may some intra-conference games involved if it's a straight 16-team bracket-style tournament OR they might divide the teams into two eight-team divisions — three games guaranteed with the fourth game a cross-division game based on finish.

Fun and interesting, whatever the format.

From what I understand, the cap is three games in an MTE. Anything more than that would be stand-alone nonconference games that also happen to be taking part in the same place as the MTE. So all these teams aren't ending up in a 16-team bracket. 

2 hours ago, Jacob Padilla said:

From what I understand, the cap is three games in an MTE. Anything more than that would be stand-alone nonconference games that also happen to be taking part in the same place as the MTE. So all these teams aren't ending up in a 16-team bracket. 

If I'm a small/mid major coach it might make sense to try to hang around a few extra days to get a couple more non-con games, right? Would think it would save on travel costs and be much safer than bouncing around airports and hotels. If possible of course, don't know if the university would allow it

Edited by MichHusker

From what I understand this is just an event in Lincoln that Nebraska would participate in correct? The university is not hosting or sponsoring?

If that is the case, it is my assumption that it would be up to elevate hoops, PBA, and local officials as to whether or not fans would be allowed, and not the big ten.

To add onto that, this wouldn’t be Nebraska home games, so does that mean elevate hoops and PBA could choose to sell alcohol at this event?

This is all speculation, I am just raising the questions and don’t have any insider information.

25 minutes ago, nuhusker7 said:

From what I understand this is just an event in Lincoln that Nebraska would participate in correct? The university is not hosting or sponsoring?

If that is the case, it is my assumption that it would be up to elevate hoops, PBA, and local officials as to whether or not fans would be allowed, and not the big ten.

To add onto that, this wouldn’t be Nebraska home games, so does that mean elevate hoops and PBA could choose to sell alcohol at this event?

This is all speculation, I am just raising the questions and don’t have any insider information.

Apparently PBA is hosting a watch party for the Ohio State football game. Serving beer. 

Not sure what that means for the tournament, but I found it interesting. 

37 minutes ago, nuhusker7 said:

It sounds though... that the MTE is contingent on the Big 10 allowing Non-Con games.  Don't know why they wouldn't other than the fact that they are the Big 10, but that would lead me to believe that "Nebraska" has some hand in the hosting part.

1 hour ago, atskooc said:

Apparently PBA is hosting a watch party for the Ohio State football game. Serving beer. 

Not sure what that means for the tournament, but I found it interesting. 

The conference can mandate that people can't attend games. They can't mandate that for some reason we're going to have a covid party inside of the arena where we play basketball. Good Lord!

So...to recap.  The KenPom Rankings for the teams we are aware of for this event are:

37 - LSU

49 - Northern Iowa

53 - Oklahoma State

62 - Saint Louis

74 - San Francisco

85 - Nevada

99 - Colorado State

162 - Nebraska

220 - Illinois St

313 - Cleveland St

Anyone can feel free to remind me of any teams I'm missing.

Edited by 49r

1 hour ago, Red Don said:

Looks like its W. Kentucky that is missing.  :wink:

Ah..

37 - LSU

49 - Northern Iowa

53 - Oklahoma State

62 - Saint Louis

74 - San Francisco

85 - Nevada

99 - Colorado State

113 - Western Kentucky