Anybody else tired of...

Navin R. Johnson

20 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Funny, I never hear John Cook complain about the schedule...

Maybe because in volleyball everyone plays everyone, not to hard to figure out. He complained because it gives others a pretty big advantage. He was on the committee and they ignored everything he proposed. I think I would be pissed to.

2 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

Maybe because in volleyball everyone plays everyone, not to hard to figure out. He complained because it gives others a pretty big advantage. He was on the committee and they ignored everything he proposed. I think I would be pissed to.

My point is Nebraska Football once carried itself like Nebraska Volleyball...

4 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

My point is Nebraska Football once carried itself like Nebraska Volleyball...

My point is it is not close to the same situation. Even if we were as good as OSU it is a big disadvantage to have to play them every year if Wisco doesn’t. Much harder to win a division let alone a conference or if we somehow ever get really good again a national title. Also don’t invite someone to be on a committee and just ignore their ideas. 

We are in a big boy conference we are going to get hard schedules and play elite teams. That’s what everyone wants to see and hopefully we will start competing better. Just make sure everyone else is on the same level. That is a Moos wants.

15 hours ago, cornfed24-7 said:

When were we last even close to winning a division? It has nothing to do with the schedule. 🙄

It definitely does make it harder, how can you even debate that? Just because we have not been in position to win one lately does not have any relevance. Plus you are wrong a few years ago we were in the hunt for the west. We had to go to OSU and got beat down, swap that for Rutgers or someone else and we might have won the division 

5 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

It definitely does make it harder, how can you even debate that? Just because we have not been in position to win one lately does not have any relevance. Plus you are wrong a few years ago we were in the hunt for the west. We had to go to OSU and got beat down, swap that for Rutgers or someone else and we might have won the division 

No I am not debating it. But you are putting the cart before the horse. Creating an argument about how its unfair "if"...We haven't sniffed "if" in forever. Sure, when/if  we get to the point your argument matters I'll scream from the rooftops with you. Until then it sounds like whining.

On 9/25/2020 at 11:39 AM, Handy Johnson said:

Looking at that schedule & the fact we return exactly ZERO All-Conference players, 2-7, 3-6 could easily happen. Scott would never be one to bring up the schedule, but we all remember when he said at that first B1G Media Day, “if you’re gonna get us you better get us now.” Bottom line, until we get some NFL talent in that Blackshirt front 7, it’s all conversation...

We technically had NFL talent in our front 7 last year and it didn't matter.

Bottom line is...with Frost's system, we're going to win with offense.   We have the pieces in place to improve dramatically there.   There other aspect is attention to detail in other phases.   Simply being competent in special teams, which is as much coaching and focus as anything, can pay huge dividends

10 hours ago, nustudent said:

We technically had NFL talent in our front 7 last year and it didn't matter.

Bottom line is...with Frost's system, we're going to win with offense.   We have the pieces in place to improve dramatically there.   There other aspect is attention to detail in other phases.   Simply being competent in special teams, which is as much coaching and focus as anything, can pay huge dividends

I appreciate your optimism, but we haven’t had a “Blackshirt” defense since Suh graduated, our best offensive player is @ TCU, & Martinez hasn’t proven to be anything but inconsistent.

9 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

I appreciate your optimism, but we haven’t had a “Blackshirt” defense since Suh graduated, our best offensive player is @ TCU, & Martinez hasn’t proven to be anything but inconsistent.

I’m not optimistic  But if we’re coached well, we have more than enough talent to go 4-4 or 5-3.   If we win 3 or less, there’s some very big concerns.