Anybody else tired of...

Navin R. Johnson

Hearing about how difficult Nebraska's football is?  Being a Nebraska basketball fan, this really gets old. You play in a weak Big Ten west and think you get screwed because you have to play OSU and Penn State. They are in your conference, play them. Every team in the East has to play OSU, Penn State and Michigan(and Michigan State when they were pretty salty) Football is all about having a favorable schedule. Thank goodness basketball makes you earn it.

Not at all, it is unfair. One team plays OSU and PSU and another plays Indiana and Rutgers. If it was just a fluke once in a while that’s different but when play OSU every year and other rarely do it’s wrong.

With that being said I’m not mad. Let’s buckle up and prove it on the field. Can’t get back on top without beating those already there.

20 minutes ago, Art Vandalay said:

Not at all, it is unfair. One team plays OSU and PSU and another plays Indiana and Rutgers. If it was just a fluke once in a while that’s different but when play OSU every year and other rarely do it’s wrong.

With that being said I’m not mad. Let’s buckle up and prove it on the field. Can’t get back on top without beating those already there.

It is also not fair for the teams in the East to play a more difficult schedule every year.

"I’ve got a good football team with a great football coach that deserves a break here or there to start getting back on track to being a contender in the Big Ten West."

Not crazy about that quote. We need a break to get back on track to being a contender. Soooooo if we can just get lucky, then we might be close to finishing second or third in the west?

Edited by Chuck Taylor
quote marks

But I Did like Moos' ending quotes:

“I don’t want to come across as the champion complainer,” Moos said. “I’m going to protect my school and what is fair. I was outspoken on those items. At the end of the day, I was 0 for 3. I wasn’t just going to sit around and listen and get kicked around. I’ll never do that. They knew I wasn’t pleased.

“But the schedule’s in place, it is what it is, they won’t hear any more out of me. We’re going to strap the chin strap on and go out and win games.”

11 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

It is also not fair for the teams in the East to play a more difficult schedule every year.

Different situation. You have no choice but to play teams in your division. Cross division is selected by the league without any reasoning. Having to play the undisputed best team in the league every year vs playing Rutgers every year is penal. That was happening anyway and needs to be addressed. The slap to our face was stacking the 3 best teams in the league on our schedule the first 4 weeks. 

Moos was in the meeting so he knows better than anyone if it was intentional. He is sticking up for us and calling them out which I like. I would be mad if he just took the disrespect and didn’t say anything.

I haven't heard anyone whining except the media guys who are trying to drum up clicks.

We were playing OSU and PSU anyway. Getting Ohio State week 1 as opposed to week 6 or 7 is an advantage not a disadvantage. 

The only things we lost were the free win against Rutgers and a chance to go crazy with offensive stats against Diaco's Defense week 1.

Personally, I think it has to be intentional.  No one else in the West even plays two of the three East teams with a pulse (tOSU, PSU, Michigan), much less the actual top 2.  For competitive balance, the obvious thing to do was to keep Rutgers and either tOSU or PSU, and drop the other.  But then Frost would make a bowl game, and after poking the B1G in the eye with a giant stick they don't want that to happen.

All that being said, I really am not a big Husker football fan.  I'm happy to see them do well but have no emotional investment in their success or demise.  I've said it before, but I grew up cheering for a different major football power and my loyalty didn't change just because I spent 4 years at DONU.  

1 hour ago, Red Don said:

I know they are not in the West; But look at Indiana's Schedule.

Whew! :Timeout:
(at least we get the 'Biggies' early! :wink:)

Indiana (Two probable wins, four probable losses, two toss-ups):

1. Tough
  2. Easy
  3. Tough
  4. Meh
  5. Tough
  6. Easy
  7. Tough
  8. Meh

Nebraska (Zero probable wins, five probable losses, three toss-ups):

1. Tough
  2. Tough
  3. Meh
  4. Tough
  5. Meh
  6. Tough
  7. Meh
  8. Tough

Let's play IU's schedule.

Nebraska football fans are the whiniest people on the face of the planet.  I've never heard anyone complain about hard their schedule is more than NU fans do.  The teams in the East Division has to play way more difficult schedule.  Who cares if you have to play Ohio State first, last, or ever, just shut up and play.  As a player, you love a schedule like this but the NU fans want a cupcake schedule to try and finally get more wins.  Don't want to earn it by getting better, want to have it handed to you by playing easier opponents.  It's not the job of other teams on the conference to get worse, it's your job to get better.  Fans make it sound like the Big 10 sits around all day and just try to think of ways to screw Nebraska.  If you are one of the people that actually believe that, I can't help you.

46 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

Nebraska football fans are the whiniest people on the face of the planet.  I've never heard anyone complain about hard their schedule is more than NU fans do.  The teams in the East Division has to play way more difficult schedule.  Who cares if you have to play Ohio State first, last, or ever, just shut up and play.  As a player, you love a schedule like this but the NU fans want a cupcake schedule to try and finally get more wins.  Don't want to earn it by getting better, want to have it handed to you by playing easier opponents.  It's not the job of other teams on the conference to get worse, it's your job to get better.  Fans make it sound like the Big 10 sits around all day and just try to think of ways to screw Nebraska.  If you are one of the people that actually believe that, I can't help you.

My favorite was when this schedule was released and people were talking about how easy Iowa had it. (Spoiler alert, look at the difference in Iowa's and Nebraska's schedule).

Disclaimer: this was the first Big Ten schedule that was created, not the most recent one.

4 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Funny, I never hear John Cook complain about the schedule...

True. 

But I don’t think Frost has complained about it, either. 

Moos sure did. But I haven’t heard him complain about the volleyball schedule, that’s for sure!

Looking at that schedule & the fact we return exactly ZERO All-Conference players, 2-7, 3-6 could easily happen. Scott would never be one to bring up the schedule, but we all remember when he said at that first B1G Media Day, “if you’re gonna get us you better get us now.” Bottom line, until we get some NFL talent in that Blackshirt front 7, it’s all conversation...