2020-21 Roster Weight/Height Changes

hhcmatt

Fresh off the presses.  Last season it almost appeared like we just put in the height and weight that a player might have verbaliy gave us or what we found from a previous team.  With a couple of our guys shrinking this season, it would appear that we might have taken consistent and accurate measurements this year.

image.png

Highlights

Height:  Banton is now 6'9" and Teddy is 6'6"  Arop, Piatkowski, and Porter, all 2nd year Nebraska HS players, dropped an inch. Elijah Wood is also an inch smaller than reported at his signing, 6'5". Heck even walk-on Chris McGraw couldn't talk them into giving him 6'.  

Weight: Yvan's weight loss has been well documented, with him officially down 15# from last year. Trevor Lakes is also down 15# from his listed playing weight at Indy.  I'd assume we're looking at him next year as a stretch 4 and want the speed over the bulk he might need if he was going to masquerade as a center.  Teddy Allen at +23 jumps out at you but it depends on how accurate his listing at WNCC was. FWIW his weight at West Virginia was 225.  Arop, Porter, Piaktowski, and Banton have definite additional weight. Unknown how accurate Eduardo Andre's weight was coming in but that 6'10" height appears to be legit. 

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2020-21 Roster Weight/Height Changes

Good stuff.  Thanks @hhcmatt

Lots of re-shaping of bodies going on looks like.  But like you said it's unclear how much of that is due to the difference in accuracy at previous places for those who are new recruits/transfers.

For the ones that are returning it's interesting to see that most of them have gained some, except for Yvan.  But we like to thing of Yvan mostly just losing baby fat as he does look more lean and explosive now than he did a year ago.

A lot of times we might throw out a pie-in-the-sky lineup of tall players. The following, assuming McGowens is eligible, looks like the height we can expect when Kobe Webster isn't on the court.

6'4" McGowens

6'6" Allen

6'9" Mayan

6'9" Banton

6'9" Ouedraogo

It will be nice to most likely not be the most blocked offense in Div 1 this year

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Fresh off the presses.  Last season it almost appeared like we just put in the height and weight that a player might have verbaliy gave us or what we found from a previous team.  With a couple of our guys shrinking this season, it would appear that we might have taken consistent and accurate measurements this year.

image.png

Highlights

Height:  Banton is now 6'9" and Teddy is 6'6"  Arop, Piatkowski, and Porter, all 2nd year Nebraska HS players, dropped an inch. Elijah Wood is also an inch smaller than reported at his signing, 6'5". Heck even walk-on Chris McGraw couldn't talk them into giving him 6'.  

Weight: Yvan's weight loss has been well documented, with him officially down 15# from last year. Trevor Lakes is also down 15# from his listed playing weight at Indy.  I'd assume we're looking at him next year as a stretch 4 and want the speed over the bulk he might need if he was going to masquerade as a center.  Teddy Allen at +23 jumps out at you but it depends on how accurate his listing at WNCC was. FWIW his weight at West Virginia was 225.  Arop, Porter, Piaktowski, and Banton have definite additional weight. Unknown how accurate Eduardo Andre's weight was coming in but that 6'10" height appears to be legit. 

I think WNCC had Teddy listed at 6’5”  200. Not sure why. He hasn’t weighed 200 since probably his freshman year of high school. Reminds me of a young Jared Dudley.

No one has ever rolled out a lineup where the PG is 3 inches taller than every other guy on the floor, so I say we do it:

1. Banton                 6-9  204  So. 
  2. McGowens          6-4  190  Jr.
  3. Thorbjararson     6-6  202  Sr.
  4. Allen                    6-6  223  Jr.
  5. Stevenson           6-6  245  Jr.

17 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Okay, now for the serious stuff: Every poster should now list his pre-pandemic and present weights. The winner with the largest gain will get to eat all of Cip's expired beef jerky leftovers.

192 in Feb of 2020

212 in Sept of 2020

Im disgusted with myself. 

1 hour ago, basketballjones said:

192 in Feb of 2020

212 in Sept of 2020

Im disgusted with myself. 

175 to 205. I had a double whammy of quarantine and sympathy weight for a pregnant wife. I stood no chance. I like to think we did our part in helping local resturants stay in business via grubhub, ubereats, and postmates. I have got back down to 192 from my endless rides to nowhere on the peloton 😂

41 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

175 to 205. I had a double whammy of quarantine and sympathy weight for a pregnant wife. I stood no chance. I like to think we did our part in helping local resturants stay in business via grubhub, ubereats, and postmates. I have got back down to 192 from my endless rides to nowhere on the peloton 😂

172 to 163. I actually used my free time to exercise more. Guess I lose?

On 9/18/2020 at 2:04 PM, jimmykc said:

Okay, now for the serious stuff: Every poster should now list his pre-pandemic and present weights. The winner with the largest gain will get to eat all of Cip's expired beef jerky leftovers.

March 2020 — 185 pounds

September 2020 — 165 pounds

Not going into the office has eliminated donuts from my diet. And since the rec center re-opened in July, swimming 8-10 miles a week doesn't hurt either.

I've held pretty steady around 190, but I feel healthier.  We moved cross country right at the start of the pandemic, and living in a city where we don't know anybody plus living next to mountains for outdoor recreation has resulted in me spending a lot more time exercising.  However, I've also increased empty calorie consumption while working from home due to COVID. 

On 9/18/2020 at 7:52 PM, busticket said:

So how are you guys feeling on Yvan’s height?  I thought Norm got an up close look and he appeared to be closer to 6’7”.

i do hope the new numbers mean Blanton is truly 6’8”-6’9”.  He will be a real matchup problem for other teams if that is accurate.

I don't know a lot, but I can tell you with certainty that Yvan and Kaleb Wesson are not both 6'9". I feel like Kaleb had him by at least a couple of inches. Which could put Kaleb at 6'10" and Yvan at 6'8". Maybe. But they for sure aren't both 6'9".