Kissinger done

huskerchode

"Kissinger Closes Husker Playing Career"

Thank you Taylor for all that you have brought to the WBB program; and will continue to contribute in your new role.
:Bow::Bow::Bow:

"I love basketball and I love Nebraska. It was always a dream of mine to play for the Huskers, and I want to thank Coach Williams for giving me a chance to make my dreams come true," Kissinger said. "Injuries are forcing me to move to the next part of my life in basketball, which hopefully leads to a career helping other players achieve their dreams."

"We are obviously disappointed to see Taylor's playing career cut short by recurring injuries, but we are excited she will remain with us in a different capacity," Williams said. "No one is more passionate about being a Husker, and she still has so much to offer this program."

• 5 months later...

Thread Title:  "Kissinger done"    (Turns Out, Not Quite!  :wink:)

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/womens-basketball/retired-taylor-kissinger-has-found-a-new-role-with-nebraska-womens-basketball/article_a9723416-73e3-11eb-a4c2-47f3623bc01d.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_OWHbigred

Kissinger was a part of coach Amy Williams' first recruiting class at NU. The five-star recruit grew up in Minden, Nebraska, population 2,800........
The 6-foot-1 former guard/forward said she was able to help build the foundation and culture that Williams strived for in her first season and has seen it through.
“I guess you can even see that now — with the team that we have and how close we are together — that we're getting back to that culture, the Nebraska way,” Kissinger said.

She is now a student assistant for the Huskers and has been able to learn more about the duties of a director of operations, her future career field........
Kissinger said she hopes to be able to use the connections she has made with Nebraska’s staff and the relationships she created with coaches while she was being recruited to find a job after she graduates in May.
“Maybe I wasn't supposed to play for them, but maybe I'm supposed to be there, like, work for them,” she said. “God works in mysterious ways.”

• 3 weeks later...