Andy Katz ranks the Big Ten in 2020-21 preseason

AuroranHusker

U.S. News & World Report just came out with their "Best Colleges" rankings as well:

Northwestern [#9]

Michigan [#24]

Wisconsin [#42]

Illinois [#47]

Ohio State [#53]

Purdue [#53]

Maryland [#58]

Penn State [#63]

Rutgers [#63]

Minnesota [#66]

Indiana [#76]

Michigan State [#80]
Iowa [#88]

Nebraska [#133]

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/compare?xwalk_id=147767&xwalk_id=170976&xwalk_id=240444&xwalk_id=145637&xwalk_id=204796&xwalk_id=243780&xwalk_id=163286&xwalk_id=214777&xwalk_id=186380&xwalk_id=174066&xwalk_id=151351&xwalk_id=171100&xwalk_id=153658&xwalk_id=181464

Every year these are rolled out, I’m reminded how much better this conference is top to bottom than any other conference.  

No way we finish below NW this year.  beyond that, I think maybe 6-13 is a toss up and will have some serious attrition.

If Trey gets cleared, Fred is going to have a tremendous opportunity to coach circles around a few people who will roll out comparable talent.  He did it game in and game out last year but just didn’t have the dogs.

I cannot wait to see his system with this squad, and I’m excited for our team defensively—I think Doc will be able to do some classic Doc defensive scheming with the options we have in place.  

11 hours ago, LK1 said:

Every year these are rolled out, I’m reminded how much better this conference is top to bottom than any other conference.  

No way we finish below NW this year.  beyond that, I think maybe 6-13 is a toss up and will have some serious attrition.

If Trey gets cleared, Fred is going to have a tremendous opportunity to coach circles around a few people who will roll out comparable talent.  He did it game in and game out last year but just didn’t have the dogs.

I cannot wait to see his system with this squad, and I’m excited for our team defensively—I think Doc will be able to do some classic Doc defensive scheming with the options we have in place.  

I concur on the tone of optimism in Lincoln. Lots to appreciate with the coaching staff for Nebrasketball. And many other sports at NU, in my opinion. The best is yet to come!

Picking us in the basement was the obvious choice.  From a distance, this year's formula is very similar to last year's: nearly 100% roster turnover of players who were in last year's rotation, with a perceived talent upgrade at most positions.  We stunk last year and so it is very easy to assume we will stink again.  But my own expectations, like most of yours, is obviously much higher. 

I think team cohesion will be much better; while both last year's (Cam) and this year's (Teddy) best player had character issues, the big difference is that Teddy is coming here to be closer to his support system while Cam was simply chasing a platform to get to the NBA.  Teddy's actions show he wants to be a better man, and I will give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.  We also have a core group of guys that have spent a year bonding together while redshirting. And lastly, the pandemic and civil unrest of 2020 appear to have tightened the team bond.

The talent upgrade appears significant, as well.  Think back to how much of a perceived impact we had when Shamiel's eligibility waiver was denied last year.  Most on this board where lamenting the loss of one of our potentially most dynamic and versatile players.  Now fast forward to this summer, when he was late coming back to Lincoln from Canada.  The potential for him not to be on this year's roster produced very little worry amongst the fanbase, because it's really not obvious that he will even be a part of the this year's regular rotation.  The competition for minutes this year will be fierce, with so many talented players at the 2, 3, and 4.