Britt Prince

Bugeaters1

The Bruins have become the most recent high major program to enter the recruiting battle for one of the top backcourt players in the Midwest.

Coach Cori Close and assistant coach Tony Newman have identified the next class of 2024 prospect UCLA women’s basketball will try to sway to Westwood. The Bruins' staff has offered Elkhorn North High School (NE) point guard Britt Prince a scholarship, she revealed Saturday afternoon on Twitter.

UCLA joins Creighton, Nebraska, South Dakota State, Louisville, Iowa State, Omaha, Iowa, North Carolina, Maryland, Oregon, Michigan, Indiana, Kansas State, Kansas, Oklahoma, Marquette, Penn State, NC State, Minnesota, Oklahoma State, Illinois, Virginia Tech, Harvard, Missouri, Mississippi State, Belmont, DePaul and Florida by becoming the 29th program to reach out to Prince with a scholarship offer.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have some news that others mind find hope inspiring.  At the VB game this evening, I sat in the first row of B right behind the west end student section.  One row in front of me sat Britt Prince in the company of several current Huskers.  Among them: Stewart, Moriarty, Coley, and Brady.  They certainly seemed to be enjoying one anothers' company 

like stated many times, if you want a shot at competing for a title and/or win an NCAA game or two or three...whatever. gotta pick up this kind of talent now and then. especially home-state talent. not to mention, have some other pretty good talent around it, too. Prince is most likely one of those that can make everyone else around her better.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Tom Jones said:

This video IMHO will come back to bite her. I'm seeing a video of a football player that has a scholly to UNL stomping on a kids leg. I have read where the kid whose leg got stomped on was being dirty to the UNL guy, and took matters into his own hands. And people want the kids scholly pulled. I don't know if this makes sense or not. We all have done stupid stuff, but we didn't have social media to catch us at it.

Not a good situation; but excellent steps are being taken to steady the situation.  Plus, she fully understands that the impact of her actions.  

Point is, although there will be scars and a few opportunities lost; the wounds will heal.  And she will still have opportunities to reach her life goals.

• 2 months later...

Just resurrecting this thread to ask if anyone has heard any encouraging tidbits or has any inside info on NU’s chances of signing Britt Prince. One would think with her mom being her head coach, the prospect of Britt playing her college games in Lincoln less than an hour away from home where her family could attend multiple games every season would be an attractive situation, right? Britt is the type of player who would not only have a legendary basketball career at NU, but could also elevate the status of the entire NU WBB program on the national level. A transformative player, basically. 

Last Fall, I was emailing one of the reporters from the Journal Star about Britt and her future plans.  I told him that Britt will basically have her pick of programs nationwide to go play for. I get that. And if we lose her to a UCONN or a Notre Dame or a Stanford, then fine, I can live with that.   More power to her. But friends, if Britt signs with Iowa and goes to play for Lisa Bluder, I will literally vomit. And, I’m sorry, but I would also lose respect for Coach Amy as a recruiter that I don’t think could ever be fully restored. (I’m still sore about Coach Amy losing Taylor McCabe to Iowa) 

Her going to Iowa would be a nightmare of epic proportion!   Their history of beating/taunting the Huskers with talented point guards already stretches to six or seven consecutive years of Kathleen Doyle (once a Husker recruit!) and now Clark.  

Yes, geography plays in our favor, but not ours alone.  Creighton is even closer to home and BP's abilities might be more compatible with CU's style than with AW's.  I think I reported here a few months ago that at a VB game, I sat in the first row of west side B section.  Just below me sat several Husker women BB players when up the aisle came Britt Prince.    The players made room for her and the greeted each other as though they were all good friends who had already made plans to sit together.  I took it as a hopeful sign

lFingers crossed here!  

22 minutes ago, Tom Jones said:

Her going to Iowa would be a nightmare of epic proportion!   Their history of beating/taunting the Huskers with talented point guards already stretches to six or seven consecutive years of Kathleen Doyle (once a Husker recruit!) and now Clark.  

Yes, geography plays in our favor, but not ours alone.  Creighton is even closer to home and BP's abilities might be more compatible with CU's style than with AW's.  I think I reported here a few months ago that at a VB game, I sat in the first row of west side B section.  Just below me sat several Husker women BB players when up the aisle came Britt Prince.    The players made room for her and the greeted each other as though they were all good friends who had already made plans to sit together.  I took it as a hopeful sign

lFingers crossed here!  

Let me just add, anecdotally, who did Taylor McCabe and Fremont beat last March in the Class A state basketball championship game? Yep, Lincoln Southwest led by Coach Amy’s daughter Kennedi Williams. You think Lisa Bluder didn’t get a big kick out of that? I’m sure she did. Ugh 😣

Many of you may not agree but I have thought in the past and continue to think that Taylor McCabe  has been and continues to be over rated.  She may prove me wrong in the future but she sure didn't do anything for Iowa this year for someone supposedly the top player in Nebraska last year.  In my mind it was a weak year for senior talent last year.

1 hour ago, Tom Jones said:

lFingers crossed here!  

I have wondered about the possibility of her going to Creighton.  They have had much more recent success and she could really elevate that program, making it harder for UConn to get the conference title.  

32 minutes ago, huskerchode said:

I have wondered about the possibility of her going to Creighton.  They have had much more recent success and she could really elevate that program, making it harder for UConn to get the conference title.  

Creighton was her first offer.  Britt was an 8th grader (June 2020).

I've asked this before.  Is it NCAA legal to offer a 'Support Staff' position in Lincoln, for her mom?  I doubt anyone would question her qualifications. 

4 hours ago, 12dozen said:

Creighton was her first offer.  Britt was an 8th grader (June 2020).

I've asked this before.  Is it NCAA legal to offer a 'Support Staff' position in Lincoln, for her mom?  I doubt anyone would question her qualifications. 

Yes.

https://www.technicianonline.com/sports/commentary-want-a-top-men-s-basketball-recruit-hire-their-family/article_c478c032-7653-11eb-a4fd-7b6ca4055315.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=user-share

Edited by Huskerpapa

Just my two cents,and may hurt some feelings.....

If Britt doesn't come to UNL, I doubt she'll go to any "local" school. Maybe not even a B1G school.  Rather will go to a "Big" school, a Noter Dame, South Carolina, Duke, etc etc.  

She has her pick of about anyone.

To the other issue. Back in the day, to hire a relative of a recruit was the worst thing possible. But as stated above, not so much now.

Edited by redsteve