Britt Prince

Bugeaters1

Native Nebraska girl round- ballers keep getting better.  I have been watching for a looonng time. I once said that Maurtice Ivy was the best Nebraska raised girl BB player ever. Her #1 ranking, in my amateur mind, lasted all the way till I said that about Jordan Hooper.  Which lasted until I said that about Jess Shepard. And then most recently Alexis Markowski - whose reign as #1 (in my amateur mind) didn't last any longer than watching Britt Prince in last year's state tourney.  I know I left out a lot of players, especially Kissinger, and I know that making such an assessment about a girl at age 14 seems premature.  But jeeezzze - how she can be a do-everything player and take over a game against girls two and three years older!

Obviously I think she is a "must get - just gotta" for Husker WBB.  She has been or will be offered by almost all the name programs.  It's reasonable to think it will come down to a tug and pull between playing for a top program/legendary coach/national championship contender vs staying close to home and playing in front of family and friends.  What will help is if DONU, in the next two years, can close the gap between being a mid level B1G team and being in the national top ten - thus making it close to a best of both worlds choice for BP.  

Two nightmare scenarios - IU and Creighton. 

According to her Twitter here is her list of offers as of 1/23/2022. I have included AP Rankings for teams as of 1/17/2022.

18 Georgia Tech 
Illinois
Oklahoma Staate
Minnesota
4 North Carolina State
Penn State
Marquette
14 Oklahoma (unofficial visit)
RV Kansas
RV Kansas State
6 Indiana (unofficial visit)
8 Michigan
RV Oregon
12 Maryland
20 North Carolina
25 Iowa (unofficial visit)
Omaha
7 Iowa State (unofficial visit)
3 Louisville
South Dakota State
Nebraska (unofficial visit)
Creighton (unofficial visit)

6 hours ago, Tom Jones said:

Native Nebraska girl round- ballers keep getting better.  I have been watching for a looonng time. I once said that Maurtice Ivy was the best Nebraska raised girl BB player ever. Her #1 ranking, in my amateur mind, lasted all the way till I said that about Jordan Hooper.  Which lasted until I said that about Jess Shepard. And then most recently Alexis Markowski - whose reign as #1 (in my amateur mind) didn't last any longer than watching Britt Prince in last year's state tourney.  I know I left out a lot of players, especially Kissinger, and I know that making such an assessment about a girl at age 14 seems premature.  But jeeezzze - how she can be a do-everything player and take over a game against girls two and three years older!..................

:ph34r:  I'd say you're just Fickle!    😄   A sucker for the latest thing that comes along!    image.pngimage.png

Seriously, no doubt Britt Prince will be a highly-sought recruit and will have her choice of programs,i.e. location, academics, and whatever appeals.   I think one of our biggest advantages is the obvious Fun and Zest with which we play. The players are always saying how much they enjoy playing together and how it is a 'home away from home' for those a long way from Home.   And it doesn't hurt that we are having some success to-boot!  i.e. do Iowa and say, Michigan et al LOOK like they're having Fun.   image.png

(Nor do they Always Win!)

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

https://youtube.com/shorts/ryh8j4cbYkI?feature=share

pray there is a great shot at her!

That reminds me of Jazz's play near the end of the Indiana game.....was the play of the game I thought.  Almost the same thing. Indiana guard went to the floor and Jazz sank the 3... So cool !

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

a year ago i'd said we had no shot a her.  at this point call me crazy, but i think there is a good shot. 

reason:

-Mendelson, Markowski pretty good options to throw into.

-cutting our teeth with the likes of Weidner and Krull

-gets to go under Jaz's wing, who cut her teeth under Ionescu's wing.  if you want to be the best, learn from the best.

4 primary interests:

PT: check

Have fun: check

Win: check

Academic success: check

Add on a chance to be the transformative player that takes a program to the might be worth while

Finally chance to be the face of the women's program, which a  year ago I'd of thought impossible with the success of volleyball.  Remove Stivrins and Jaz is possibly the next most prominent face in women's sports in Lincoln

what a difference a year makes. we went from pretty bare to checking many boxes

if i could grow another hand, I would cross another pair of fingers. She could be a huge difference maker. Here is something that seems to be an important consideration often showing up in HS athletes' explanations of why they chose to say close to home --- the presence of younger siblings. Does anyone know if she has any?