Britt Prince

Bugeaters1

No doubt the offers are just beginning for Britt Prince, but the final chapter in her recruiting (class of 2024) is still a long way from being written.  She should have her pick of where she wants to continue her education and play basketball.  

Bottom line is, I think we are good enough to attract talented players, particularly in-state (perhaps unlike Taylor McCabe when we didn't know what kind of team we were going to have last season and she committed to Iowa).  Well, I think the Huskers demonstrated their characteristic "Grit, NO Quit" last season under Coach Williams, et al; and I think we'll be even more pleased this season.  She seems to be very good at developing each players' maximum potential and instilling 'A Will to Win'.

Things are looking up for Husker Athletics.  I'm particularly impressed with our new AD, Trev Alberts, and believe we are on the cusp of some very good things, including WBB.

Edited by Red Don

now........this would be a shock if she took this offer. however, i look at it like this another offer from 

DI school yeah, pretty darn cool.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

• 2 weeks later...

She looked better in club play (video) than when I watched her in recent Nebraska girls state tourney play. Seems like she was let loose and just play on the club level.

She can dribble and shoot with both hands easily, although it appears she might be right handed naturally....she may be ambidextrous...or simply skilled with either hand. 

Buebeckers ? ...not yet ...but like said earlier...she's still young. ....Would love to see her in NU red and white.

• 5 months later...

Last stat update in the OWH (1/8 - 11 games) had her at 26 points 4.9 assists 112-179, .626 from the floor, 25-60, .417 from 3  37-43, .860 from the line. 

She gets a lot of her points off transition and turnovers, probably the most improved area is her three point shooting, that makes her extra dangerous.  I still believe the best part of her game is her court awareness and passing. For a sophomore it is excellent and probably sets her apart from others when making national rankings. 

As a team they are 14-1, their loss was to undefeated Omaha Skutt 63-54 two weeks ago.  Skutt is led by another sophomore 5'6 Peyton McCabe, sister of Fremont and Iowa recruit Taylor McCabe). Peyton was averaging 20 points a game in that last stat update. 

Here is one highlight video, for what it's worth, of Prince from Twitter (from the Skutt game) - if you search her name on Twitter you can find more.

JFWIW, SKUTT So. Peyton McCabe committed to Drake WBB in October 2021.  I don't know if we offered, or if there was ever any mutual interest. (Sister of 2022 Taylor McCabe, Fremont HS, Husker offer but committed to Iowa - maybe its just something about Fremont?)

Edited by Red Don

1 hour ago, redsteve said:

I saw a recruiting site that predicted Prince may end up a top 20 recruit. It may ultimately be a tough one to keep her home at NU.

Why do you say that.  The loser attitude of Nebraskans. If you are good you will never play at the local U.  Markowski (local) on her way to Big 10 freshman of year.  Weidner (small town local) playing substantial minutes.  Plays with Coaches kid on elite team.  I like our chances. Iowa got Caitlen Clark why can't get Prince.

3 hours ago, Fastbreaker said:

The loser attitude of Nebraskans

i wouldn't go that far.......what, hoopgurlz has her at #9 or 10 (think she might have dropped one spot) 

chances are pretty darn good any program would make room for her

fans are just gonna have to hope the huskers have her interest and the program keeps improving---which i am pretty optimistic about.

1 hour ago, All About the Corn said:

I think for her to give a strong look at NE we will need to keep going up the conference ladder. Remember she is only in her second year of high school ball so it is possible she could be a top 5 recruit by the time she is a senior.

I mentioned it before and I will mention it again.  How important it is to play near family and friends carries a lot of weight with many players.  Don't know her well enough to gauge that desire at this time.