Britt Prince

Bugeaters1

• 3 months later...

Britt Prince 2024 ....Keep your eye on this one.

I've seen her play. She's really athletic, and knows how to play.  Pt guard material, or a 3 shooter. Great ball skills, can run the floor, and can shoot anything, step back 3s too. Plays as well as a senior in HS...yet only a freshman, Prince hasn't even played a HS game. Best freshman I've seen for quite a while.

Edited by redsteve

• 1 month later...

I watched one of her games recently.  She hit 8 out of 9 three pointers and had a bunch of other points as well.  Taylor McCabe from Fremont is considered by many as the best outside scorer in Nebraska right now but in my mind it won't be too long before Britt Prince has that title.  It would be great to see them play against each other in 4 years when McCabe is a junior at Iowa and Prince is a freshman at Nebraska.

19 minutes ago, redsteve said:

For those of you that take the OWH there's an article in this mornings paper that includes Prince (freshman) and her Mom.

Interesting read telling about the HS team and how young the team is, and how well they're doing for a new team.

Read it quick then I had to go off line.

I liked the part, stating Britt started very young, by dribbling a ball on the kitchen floor.  Per mom, 'that was OK in our family'.  

Here is a link to the on-line edition of the Britt Prince article:

And Stay Safe in today's Blizzard, Everyone!  :nod:

And another Part to the Quote:  :wink:

“When you love the game, you want your child to love the game, too,” Ann Prince said. “I’m proud of Britt and proud of everyone on our team.”

https://omaha.com/sports/high-school/elkhorn-norths-freshman-phenom-britt-prince-amazing-team-culture-key-to-wolves-unbeaten-start/article_d77138c2-5691-11eb-8686-df7f46c10f70.html

Edited by Red Don

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

With the visitations being allowed to open up again, Prince was recently on UNLs campus for a visit.

So we must at least have our foot in the door., and Price is listening and looking.  A commit from Prince is probably a long way off...

.... but .....  The program has been getting some good local vibes since Markowski, and Weidner committed.

Offers from the Maryland level schools will be tempting

Edited by redsteve

• 3 weeks later...

You're just full of all kinds of 'Good News' Whoop!!!   :wink:  (jus kidding)

We may not have a Caitlin Clark (yet), but I really like our squad and expect us to be Very Competitive in the B1G (unlike last season when everyone was holding their hats expecting the worst :Timeout:  only to be pleasantly surprised with an exciting season.  I like our chances with Britt Prince given our fan base and attendance and if we develop like I hope.  (some excitement from the men's side wouldn't hurt either :nod:)

:Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2:

(Certainly not directed at you Whoop - We're all  image.png

On 7/20/2021 at 12:23 PM, Red Don said:

You're just full of all kinds of 'Good News' Whoop!!!   :wink:  (jus kidding)

We may not have a Caitlin Clark (yet), but I really like our squad and expect us to be Very Competitive in the B1G (unlike last season when everyone was holding their hats expecting the worst :Timeout:  only to be pleasantly surprised with an exciting season.  I like our chances with Britt Prince given our fan base and attendance and if we develop like I hope.  (some excitement from the men's side wouldn't hurt either :nod:)

:Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2:

(Certainly not directed at you Whoop - We're all  image.png

aren't i though!!! 😉 minny probably won't be the last big ten school to offer. 

just going by my gut, here.........as long as things keep improving in the program (fans are hoping) i have a feeling her choice will come down to the huskers and the jays. there may be a couple or so out of state schools thrown in the mix.  i agree with Red Don, i like the huskers chances (once again, as long as the program can maintain/grow its competitiveness from last season). yep, keeping 🤞🏻