2023 PF Omaha Biliew

hhcmatt

5 minutes ago, ShortDust said:

He came here for his 1st unofficial visit and now locked in his 1st official visit here.

Going to be a tough battle, but at least there’s a chance.

Foot is officially in the door, now the work starts.  I’d we got this kid and Simeon Wilcher in the same class I’d die out of a mix of joy and astonishment.  Haha

22 minutes ago, Keenan9595 said:

Foot is officially in the door, now the work starts.  I’d we got this kid and Simeon Wilcher in the same class I’d die out of a mix of joy and astonishment.  Haha

Don't forget that we also have a shot at highly rated recruit Gus Yelden -- a 6'8" power forward rated the #21 player in the same class as Simeon Wilcher and Omaha Biliew.  Let's go for the trifecta and land three of the top 21 players in the 2023-24 class.  Go Fred!!!  Go Matt!!!  Go Big Red!!!

(Gus Yeldon's mom ooached at UNK and Gus spent a lot of years growing up in Kearney -- we have a shot)

Just now, 75unlgrad said:

Don't forget that we also have a shot at highly rated recruit Gus Yelden -- a 6'8" power forward rated the #21 player in the same class as Simeon Wilcher and Omaha Biliew.  Let's go for the trifecta and land three of the top 21 players in the 2023-24 class.  Go Fred!!!  Go Matt!!!  Go Big Red!!!

(Gus Yeldon's mom ooached at UNK and Gus spent a lot of years growing up in Kearney -- we have a shot)

2 hours ago, 75unlgrad said:

Totally forgot about him, I’m not sure what we’ll have for open numbers that year, but those three would be beyond stellar additions to the roster!!!

3 hours ago, 75unlgrad said:

He also played with Kearney High this summer in a tournament.  No talk of him transferring as far as I know.

On 8/3/2021 at 9:43 AM, hskr4life said:

I remember times not long ago that the only reason we’d make these lists for these types of recruits were for things like personal connections or in-state prospects.  Now it’s because we might actually have a shot.

Well he was born in Nebraska and lived here until he was 5 and he has family still in the state currently.  He then spent the last 11 years in Iowa so he's still a local kid in that sense. That being said he is interested in Nebraska more for the potential of what it could be and not the connections but those definitely do help us.

5 hours ago, Keenan9595 said:

Live at least until we get that first NCAA W. After that, y'know, do whatever. But don't just croak when we get the 5-star kids. At least wait until they grab that monkey on our backs and throw it into the cheap seats.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Live at least until we get that first NCAA W. After that, y'know, do whatever. But don't just croak when we get the 5-star kids. At least wait until they grab that monkey on our backs and throw it into the cheap seats.

I’ll try…but if I fall into a volcano and appease the gods maybe we’ll get that championship.  Haha

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

When Fred breaks our 80+ year NCAA tourney win drought I will build the statue with my own damn hands.

On 8/25/2021 at 9:19 PM, Handy Johnson said:

Like a kid named “Omaha” WON’T go to Nebraska? Think of ALL the sick NLI money 💴 he can bank with that angle in play! Heady days are ahead my friends, heady days...

That is actually a very good point on NIL money as hopefully they make his aware of all the companies in Omaha that he might be able to utilize his name with and make some bank

Edited by kldm64