OT: NBA Playoffs 2020

aphilso1

Surprised there's no chit-chat on the NBA playoffs, especially considering the lack of Husker athletics to follow.  Who y'all rooting for? 

I've always been a bit of a LeBron fan and Laker hater, so my LeBron fandom is a bit muted this year with him wearing purple and gold.  Now that I live 45 minutes from SLC I've taken a greater interest in the Jazz, who are looking good in their series with the Nuggets.  

The Nuggs have kinda been my NBA team for 30 years or so since back in the Dan Issel, Dikembe days.  But other than that I don't really have much of a rooting interest in the NBA.  I go for storylines and whatnot mostly.  I'll be pulling for the Clippers because of Ty Lue this year also.

4 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

Surprised there's no chit-chat on the NBA playoffs, especially considering the lack of Husker athletics to follow.  Who y'all rooting for? 

I've always been a bit of a LeBron fan and Laker hater, so my LeBron fandom is a bit muted this year with him wearing purple and gold.  Now that I live 45 minutes from SLC I've taken a greater interest in the Jazz, who are looking good in their series with the Nuggets.  

I’ve been a LeBron hater & lifelong Laker fan so the script is flipped for me. AD provides me some comfort since he’ll be around long after James retires. I’m hoping for a Laker/Bucks Final with lots of Kareem interviews...

13 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

I'm a huge jazz fan, I grew up in Logan. Where do you reside? I really miss Utah.

Edited by Agsker
Spacing

9 hours ago, Agsker said:

I'm a huge jazz fan, I grew up in Logan. Where do you reside? I really miss Utah.

Ogden.  Only been here 6 months, and we adore it here. 

The thing we love about Utah compared to other mountain states is the ease of outdoor recreation access.  We live close enough to the trails that I can hike Malan's Peak or Waterfall Canyon just by walking out my front door.  I have three different ski resorts only a half hour away.  I'm 20 minutes away from Willard Bay, or Pineview Reservoir, or Antelope Island.  And yet I live less than 10 minutes from downtown.  I've never seen anywhere else in America that has that mix of urban and mountain activity.

6 hours ago, millerhusker said:

The level of play has been awesome 

I agree. The level of offensive skill displayed has been fantastic. Donovan Mitchell, Luka, Jamal Murray, D Lilard, Leonard, Jokic, just to mention a few. I have also been impressed with Porzingas. It was a big blow to Dallas' chances when he went out.  

The shot making, especially in some of the Utah/Denver games, has been lights out.