Markowski is N!

Merlin

She was originally committed to SDSU and when she became available Nebraska was the first school to offer. According to the LJS playing at home was big in the decision. Pretty cool!
Well a question we have was Nebraska even recruiting her early on and did the article say why she decommitted from South Dakota State

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Well a question we have was Nebraska even recruiting her early on and did the article say why she decommitted from South Dakota State

Sounds like the pandemic played a role in her decision and that she decommitted this summer (possibly before she had the NU offer).  Also said she played well against top posts in the country this summer while playing for the Lasers (the best basketball club in the state of Nebraska, but that is JMO).

Sounds like the pandemic played a role in her decision and that she decommitted this summer (possibly before she had the NU offer).  Also said she played well against top posts in the country this summer while playing for the Lasers (the best basketball club in the state of Nebraska, but that is JMO).
The world herald had just had an article come out and it mentioned that with the pandemic she was worried her folks weren't going to be able to watch her play. I could be wrong on this it's either her freshman or sophomore year when she committed to South Dakota State

23 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

The world herald had just had an article come out and it mentioned that with the pandemic she was worried her folks weren't going to be able to watch her play. I could be wrong on this it's either her freshman or sophomore year when she committed to South Dakota State

Committed at the end of her junior year, May 6th, 2019. Had offers from SDSU, UNO, and Colorado State according to the OWH. Nebraska listed as interested.

Between Markowski and Allison Weidner, Nebraska has committed what some people would consider the top 2 prospects in the state for 2021.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Here is a good article on Alexis Markowski in the LJS that I don't believe I've seen posted here!

https://journalstar.com/sports/high-school/basketball/girls/super-state-captain-markowskis-legacy-shaped-by-an-early-setback-and-later-her-will-to/article_8afcb712-b4aa-5268-ade0-06601805033c.html

(you may need to be a subscriber to view)

Her name is all over the record books at Pius X. The numbers: 1,485 (career points), 866 (career rebounds), 134 (career blocks), 36 (20-point games). The countless double-doubles, including seven (out of eight games) in a state tournament setting. Only once over the past two seasons was she held to single digits in points.

"To think about this, she did it in three years," Pius X coach Ryan Psota said. "Three years to put up those kind of statistics is kind of mind-boggling."

She was the state's most dominant player for two seasons, and teams had no answer for her combination of athleticism, size and power around the basket.

Markowski is nearing her childhood dream of playing for the Huskers, a school her father Andy played for in the ’90s. Her focus will be working on post moves and shooting this offseason.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, caveman said:

since we have not had a true point since Theriot, I am going to say the other Nebraskan is probably as important if not more important.  I do agree with everyone who thinks the award was well deserved.  Congrats Alexis!!!!!

I totally agree.  A true point guard makes everyone around them better.  We have excellent outside shooters when they get the ball at the right time and where they need it.  Will help take some pressure off Sam H. as well.  Getting steals on defense is also a sign of a great point guard.  Should be interesting competition all summer and precamp.  I hope we get more info from the coach and media on how team is doing then we have in the past.  Good year to build fan base.  More fans to cheer in the Arena would really help this young team.  GBR

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...