Callin Hake - N (1st 2022 Recruit)

Red Don

Article says we've been recruiting Hake for about the past year (this is the first I've heard about it :Redface:)

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/womens-basketball/i-kind-of-knew-that-s-where-i-was-going-to-end-up-minnesota-hs/article_cba2e898-dfe8-5354-b4cc-19230ff2af5a.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Playing in the largest class in the state, she’s started for her high school team as both a freshman and sophomore. As a sophomore she averaged 22.7 points and six rebounds per game. She’s already the all-time leading scorer at her high school.

“She just keeps getting better, and this year she’s been so explosive getting to the basket, and yet she’s a phenomenal three-point shooter as well,” said Nick Strom, her club coach with the Minnesota Fury.

Edited by Red Don

Yeah me too.in an article it says as a sophomore she averaged 22 points a game and broke her high school scoring record

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, Red Don said:

I doubt the lack of WBB information, does the program any good.  Is it a reflection of a staff that doesn't share much?  Low priority of those covering the program? Perceived lack of interest by fan base?  With the lack of live sports action for months, I'm confused why recruiting coverage isn't more prevalent.  Hard to generate interest in a vacuum. 

Edited by 12dozen

39 minutes ago, Husker22 said:

I hope I'm wrong on this but Im not real high on Hake, She's small and more of a wing than pg and not very athletic. She plays hard and leaves it all on the court but I just dont know if her game translates to the p5 level.

i seriously doubt she plays any more than sg/pg positions. unless she has a growth spurt. obviously, she still has two years to go. i will agree her numbers are not all that impressive---esp. as a sg. 32% 3 point shooter, i believe.  no idea how her floor command is. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

3 hours ago, Husker22 said:

I hope I'm wrong on this but Im not real high on Hake, She's small and more of a wing than pg and not very athletic. She plays hard and leaves it all on the court but I just dont know if her game translates to the p5 level.

She was just a Sophmore, So I would give her some slack.

16 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

She was just a Sophmore, So I would give her some slack.

Sure Im also judging her against other sophomores. My daughter plays in the same aau program (not the same team) as her and Callin and her family are great people so I hope Im wrong. I just dont think her game translates to p5, like i said i really hope Im wrong.

SOME VIDEOS

Her ppg is excellent for a sophomore....will be very interesting to see how she develops in the next two years. She can throw the long ball !

Has very good overall game, 

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/callin-hake/TmSHSdPDEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/videos.htm?videoid=7f23c31b-9c05-4386-aaad-ea55cad805da

(go to lower part of page)

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10468356/5e79a11ad45ff0137c70a87d

https://www.ncsasports.org/womens-basketball-recruiting/minnesota/chanhassen/chanhassen-high-school1/callin-hake1

Edited by redsteve

20 hours ago, Red Don said:

Article also says we beat out Grand Canyon for her commit.

Not sure I've ever heard of Grand Canyon as a school. Can I assume it's somewhere in Arizona?

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Not sure I've ever heard of Grand Canyon as a school. Can I assume it's somewhere in Arizona?

Phoenix.  Also are the Antelopes and the beat Kearney State in the NAIA Championship game in ‘78.  The SI article about the game was “ Where the Antelopes and Antelopes” play.

5 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

when Summit League was interested in adding another school, there was discussion about Grand Canyon. i doubt Grand Canyon had any interest---look at what the travel $$$'s would be. 

9 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

They used to be an NAIA school back in the day. Kearney played them numerous times in basketball when both were in the NAIA.

Edited by Bugeaters1