Very under the radar.

Grew up in Georgia. His senior year went to Michigan. Got a D-2 offer.

Went to prep school at The-Skill-Factory Prep back in Georgia. Got offers from Indiana State and Troy.

Preparing to go a year at Coffeyville and will have three years left.  I believe that means he's going to juco specifically to raise his profile, not because of academics.

Left -handed

Definitely has some ups.

5 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Very under the radar.

Grew up in Georgia. His senior year went to Michigan. Got a D-2 offer.

Went to prep school at The-Skill-Factory Prep back in Georgia. Got offers from Indiana State and Troy.

Preparing to go a year at Coffeyville and will have three years left.  I believe that means he's going to juco specifically to raise his profile, not because of academics.

Left -handed

Definitely has some ups.

We took a 3-year guy out of Coffeyville once before who turned out OK.

48 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

We took a 3-year guy out of Coffeyville once before who turned out OK.

That guy lacked elite top-end speed.  And he gave Kansas State a 2-0 lead by stepping back into the end zone.  And almost lost 15 yards one time against UCLA on a carry from the 2.

But, I guess, 4780 yards does qualify as OK.

7 hours ago, MichHusker said:

Me: "Coach, you remember Markeith Browning? He just got offered by Nebraska"

My HC who coached against him while playing in Michigan: "wow, he must have had a hell of a year in prep school."

Interpret that comment however you want

I am guessing classic late bloomer.  I don’t think Fred would have offered otherwise.  

11 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

After his HS senior year at Michigan his best and maybe his only offer was D-2. 

After prep school he got an Indiana State offer (mid major), and now going JUCO he got a power 5 offer.  Serious upward trajectory in offer quality.  Hopefully he is one of those hidden gems (assuming he signs with us)

On 7/28/2020 at 7:27 PM, busticket said:

After prep school he got an Indiana State offer (mid major), and now going JUCO he got a power 5 offer.  Serious upward trajectory in offer quality.  Hopefully he is one of those hidden gems (assuming he signs with us)

Based on trajectory

HS—> D2 offer

Prep School—> mid major

Juco—> P5 offer

P5–> NBA All-Star

The math checks out.