2023 F Gus Yalden

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Sounds like he went to elementary school in Kearney.  A little irony, me asking where he was from and it was my hometown! 

I'm assuming his mom was a UNK women's basketball assistant coach.

https://www.kearneyhub.com/sports/area/unk-women-s-basketball-names-yalden-as-assistant/article_da6a3768-5a6b-5dbf-a8bb-6bd066fa9dbd.html

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 9:04 AM, colhusker said:

New ERA and new rules - one of the big reasons that unless the boys are over and turn it on, the NBA is NEVER on at my house.

College kids get away with it as well but NBA is really bad.  Makes it impossible to guard anyone when you can just carry the ball and blow by your defender.  If they aren't going to call it, then they need to allow hand checking to help the defender and keep it fair.  So hard to play defense anymore as way to much advantage goes to offense.

3 hours ago, kldm64 said:

College kids get away with it as well but NBA is really bad.  Makes it impossible to guard anyone when you can just carry the ball and blow by your defender.  If they aren't going to call it, then they need to allow hand checking to help the defender and keep it fair.  So hard to play defense anymore as way to much advantage goes to offense.

Yeah but O puts butts in the seats.. However if you go back to the late 70's early 80's the scores seemed to be higher.