90 Days

Bugeaters1

I have 90 calender days left at work, for the last 43 yrs I have walked through the doors of a state office (Roads}. And that will end on Oct 2nd, it is a bitter sweet time for me. I have been telling stories of some of the stuff I have seen and done in those 43 yrs. It is time for the young bucks to take over. I just wish that they would listen to me when they ask for advice.But it is up to them to make thier minds up. I can only tell them what I would do. I have had many close calls (Death/ injuried) I got luckly about a month ago, when a backhoe swung around nearly hitting me. I hit deck, got up and the backhoe operator was white as a ghost. I got lazy and didn't let him know that I was behind him. So it was my fault. I have also had  4 ribs broken and a wrist. I got pinched in a semi trailer and broke the ribs., and when I broke my wrist I was trying break my fall and trying not to get stuck by some rebar. Okay enough of this. I think it will be a sad last day, but I wont have to worry about jobs anymore and can sleep at night.

wow Bugeaters1! congratulations! for some of us that are not far behind, the days, months, years seem to go faster the older you get. i hope you adjust well!
Well you know looking back at it I can't believe it's been 43 years when I first started out you know it's 5 years and then 10 years and you're like oh golly I got long time to go and then at about 20 years you just kind of stop thinking about it and here it is it's creeped up on me and I'm being very nostalgic I guess just remembering some of the stuff that we did and and we have seen through the years. So yes from about 20 years on it seems to go really fast.I just wish my body felt better than it did but it is what it is. I have rheumatoid arthritis and in the winter it's really hard to get up and go to work not so much in the summer with the warmth and stuff but if I sit a long time and have to get out and do something I get real you know I'm stiff but it is what it is

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...