OT: 90 Days

Well deserved retirement my man.  Enjoy the new opportunities placed in front of you!
It will definitely give me More time in my garden and working on my yard I won't have to kill myself on Saturday to get all of my yard work done.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 12:17 AM, Bugeaters1 said:

I have 90 calender days left at work, for the last 43 yrs I have walked through the doors of a state office (Roads}. And that will end on Oct 2nd, it is a bitter sweet time for me. I have been telling stories of some of the stuff I have seen and done in those 43 yrs. It is time for the young bucks to take over. I just wish that they would listen to me when they ask for advice.But it is up to them to make thier minds up. I can only tell them what I would do. I have had many close calls (Death/ injuried) I got luckly about a month ago, when a backhoe swung around nearly hitting me. I hit deck, got up and the backhoe operator was white as a ghost. I got lazy and didn't let him know that I was behind him. So it was my fault. I have also had  4 ribs broken and a wrist. I got pinched in a semi trailer and broke the ribs., and when I broke my wrist I was trying break my fall and trying not to get stuck by some rebar. Okay enough of this. I think it will be a sad last day, but I wont have to worry about jobs anymore and can sleep at night.

Congrats on your retirement.  My dad worked for State Dept. of Road for 50 years and then retired. 

Edited by kldm64

Which group have you worked with, Bug? And, congratulations on a 43-year career at one organization, that's impressive and incredible, all wrapped up into one. Well done.

I work out of the Hastings office in district 4

I briefly worked (less than 6 mo.) on a survey crew out of Omaha a long, long time ago. It was a good experience for a college kid at the time. I worked in related industry.
We used to hire college kids in the summer just to kind of be the grunts do the simple stuff but anymore everything's gotten so technical and you got to be certified for everything that they don't hire many summertime help in the construction end of it now over in the maintenance in they'll hire one or two in an office but we haven't hired anybody in the construction in probably 30 years

49 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

We used to hire college kids in the summer just to kind of be the grunts do the simple stuff but anymore everything's gotten so technical and you got to be certified for everything that they don't hire many summertime help in the construction end of it now over in the maintenance in they'll hire one or two in an office but we haven't hired anybody in the construction in probably 30 years.

Omaha hired ppl for survey crews. But, alas, maybe that's changed....it has been 27 years. Oh boy, where does the time go !