The View from out here on My Limb

4 hours ago, millerhusker said:

Niemann was my Uber driver one night in Lincoln about three years ago. For some reason he’s bitter about his time on the basketball team. He had nothing but bad things to say about his teammates, especially Lance Jeter. It was a strange conversation. 

From what I observed, I suspect Lance Jeter was an acquired taste. He talked a lot of trash to his teammates during practices. And not in a good-natured, fun kind of way, but more of a try-to-get-in-their-heads kind of way. He was an alpha alpha dog and wanted to make clear his dominance in the hierarchy, so I could see why some might not have taken well to him as a teammate.

9 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Weren’t Nieman & Standhardinger on the same Club Team in Germany? And what in the hell has kept him in Lincoln Nebraska...?

I actually office with Neiman. He's certainly a different cat. I actually recommended they should look to hire the guy and it's worked out well. Wish his wife was 6'4" 😀

17 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Shaun Ping...

I may have told this story on here before, but I don't care because I love this story.

So, I am at the Bob with my Dad. I have 2 season tickets. It's when the price was $99 a seat for the nose bleeds.

The Bob is decently full. There's only a dull hum of noise though. The game is in hand. It's in the second half. Ping gets subbed in for the first time. An inbounds play under our basket.

Well Ping does something wrong which throughly pisses Doc off. I think he cut the wrong way, went to the wrong spot, ended up with the ball that was ment for someone else, and finally lost the ball out of bounds for a turnover. While its happening you can hear Doc coaching Ping. Over everyone. Loud. And crystal clear. 

"Ping!! PING!!! GOD DAMN IT PING!!! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE PING!!!!

Doc called a time out. Subbed out Ping. He was in the game maybe 5 seconds. And that was the last of Ping for that game. Ping was soooooo bad.

Edited by cornfed24-7

9 hours ago, cornfed24-7 said:

I may have told this story on here before, but I don't care because I love this story.

So, I am at the Bob with my Dad. I have 2 season tickets. It's when the price was $99 a seat for the nose bleeds.

The Bob is decently full. There's only a dull hum of noise though. The game is in hand. It's in the second half. Ping gets subbed in for the first time. An inbounds play under our basket.

Well Ping does something wrong which throughly pisses Doc off. I think he cut the wrong way, went to the wrong spot, ended up with the ball that was ment for someone else, and finally lost the ball out of bounds for a turnover. While its happening you can here Doc coaching Ping. Over everyone. Loud. And crystal clear. 

Doc called a time out. Subbed out Ping. He was in the game maybe 5 seconds. And that was the last of Ping for that game. Ping was soooooo bad.

I think i remember almost the exact same thing except he tried some sort of awkward running layup.

2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

The city parks in Lincoln are really nice.

I don't think Standy and Neiman played together.  I think Neiman was from Northern Germany and he thought that Standhardinger was 'a weirdo from the southern black forest area' or something like that.  Sort of funny how we tend to think that if guys are from the same country they get along when they might have less in common than they do with their non-countrymen.

14 hours ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Well Ping does something wrong which throughly pisses Doc off. I think he cut the wrong way, went to the wrong spot, ended up with the ball that was ment for someone else, and finally lost the ball out of bounds for a turnover. While its happening you can hear Doc coaching Ping. Over everyone. Loud. And crystal clear. 

I remember this too!  I was in the Red Zone on the other end of the court and could hear the whole exchange.