Hey Silver

Shelton has to co-op just to have a football team?  Wow.

The first co-op barely happened, it didn't get approved until late July, and the male enrollment of the smaller school involved that year was 7.  Not 7 per class, but 7 total, with 1 freshman, 0 sophomores, 3 juniors and 3 seniors. (And yes, I was one of those 7.)

13 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

1. What happened to the Wood River Eagles?

2. Why are they trying to steal Lawrence/Nelson’s thunder with that logo? (Raiders)

Lawrence Nelson literally stole theirs from the Oakland Raiders.

Maybe I'm just still a little sour losing 12-0 at their place on a very cold night in the fall of 2001. We (Bertrand) weren't very good that year (3-6) and they won state (13-0). And we played them to within 12 points! Man, we had a brutal schedule that year: Cambridge, North Platte St. Pat's, Amherst, Lawrence-Nelson, Kearney Catholic - all REALLY good teams.

18 minutes ago, dustystehl said:

Maybe I'm just still a little sour losing 12-0 at their place on a very cold night in the fall of 2001. We (Bertrand) weren't very good that year (3-6) and they won state (13-0). And we played them to within 12 points! Man, we had a brutal schedule that year: Cambridge, North Platte St. Pat's, Amherst, Lawrence-Nelson, Kearney Catholic - all REALLY good teams.

Yeah, a tad bit bitter... 😉

2 hours ago, dustystehl said:

I’ll have to run that story by my buddy Jake from Bertrand, & yes it’s EXACTLY like the Raiders (Oakland)

Trumbull beat Lawrence to end like a 40-game win streak back in the '80s and after the game there was an all-out brawl on the field old men were fighting each other glasses were being knocked off the rest were getting hit it was just utter chaos if you know anybody from Lawrence ask him about that game Lawrence thinks they got homeward by some calls I don't know I was on the chain gang and I'm surprised I didn't get my ass beat but nothing ever happened to me

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Trumbull beat Lawrence to end like a 40-game win streak back in the '80s and after the game there was an all-out brawl on the field old men were fighting each other glasses were being knocked off the rest were getting hit it was just utter chaos if you know anybody from Lawrence ask him about that game Lawrence thinks they got homeward by some calls I don't know I was on the chain gang and I'm surprised I didn't get my ass beat but nothing ever happened to me

Lawrence was still so backwards even in the 80’s it was like the “land that time forgot” Superior hosted their Class D Basketball tournament since it was a neutral site. They came over & scrimmaged our JVs just to get familiar with the court, and whenever  we’d shoot a jump shot from behind the Key they’d just stand there slack jawed. They weren’t use to seeing anyone attempt a shot from that distance...

On 6/20/2020 at 6:51 PM, Bugeaters1 said:

We played a home-and-home with Doniphan-Trumbull in 2002-03. They were coached by Ron Kubick, who had won a C-2 state title at Bertrand in 1991 (I was in Kindergarten). That was a big series, especially for Bertrand folks. We won both games, shutting them out 27-0 in Doniphan in 03 (my senior year). My buddy had THREE interceptions in that game!

19 hours ago, dustystehl said:

We played a home-and-home with Doniphan-Trumbull in 2002-03. They were coached by Ron Kubick, who had won a C-2 state title at Bertrand in 1991 (I was in Kindergarten). That was a big series, especially for Bertrand folks. We won both games, shutting them out 27-0 in Doniphan in 03 (my senior year). My buddy had THREE interceptions in that game!

D-T grad, 2007, here!