2022 SG Chance Westry - Auburn

hhcmatt

• 11 months later...
On 5/30/2021 at 8:09 AM, huskerbaseball13 said:

It’s my understanding we are sitting very pretty with Chance. Fingers crossed, I would not be surprised if we get a commitment over his visit. 

What info are you going off of that makes you say you wouldn't be surprised if we get a commit? And should we infer you expect one? You think it's likely? Or just that it's a strong possibility?

Because if it's merely plausible, it would still be a surprise for it to happen over his visit. So, give us some deets here.

On 6/1/2021 at 9:16 AM, Norm Peterson said:

What info are you going off of that makes you say you wouldn't be surprised if we get a commit? And should we infer you expect one? You think it's likely? Or just that it's a strong possibility?

Because if it's merely plausible, it would still be a surprise for it to happen over his visit. So, give us some deets here.

Just going off what I’m hearing from some that are close to the program. Of course they could be wrong as they were also confident we would land Whitt and that didn’t happen. 

The commit over the visit was just more so a personal opinion. I’m told we are in great position with him so I’m hoping the on site visit will push us over the top 

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Considering that a kid can only take 5 officials, yeah, I'd say an official visit is a pretty good indicator.

Well 5 officials per year.  Basketball allows for 15 total official visits.  5 as a junior, 5 as a senior, and 5 post grad visits.

45 minutes ago, TheKamdyMan said:

Well 5 officials per year.  Basketball allows for 15 total official visits.  5 as a junior, 5 as a senior, and 5 post grad visits.

When is the cutoff between junior year and senior year? Those 2022 kids would be looking to sign LOIs in November '21, the fall of their senior year. The visits occurring in June, are those junior year officials or senior year officials?

18 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

When is the cutoff between junior year and senior year? Those 2022 kids would be looking to sign LOIs in November '21, the fall of their senior year. The visits occurring in June, are those junior year officials or senior year officials?

June 15 following soph year to June 14 following year is the starting for the Junior campaign and then the same for the senior year of june 15 following the junior year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Top 10

Does it appear that he is going to play college basketball, or is he leaning toward the NBL contract?  I couldn't find anything more recent than this: https://www.pennlive.com/highschoolsports/2021/06/whats-next-for-chance-westry-a-million-dollars-and-a-pro-contract-could-be-one-option.html