2021 Baseball

Bugeaters1

On 3/22/2021 at 9:51 AM, hskr4life said:

After taking 2 of 3 from Iowa... My attention is now firmly on the next month and a half.  We don't play another team above us in the standings (currently that's Michigan, Northwestern, and Indiana) until May.  Our next series are as follows....

Minny (2-9) 4 games at home... we should win 3 of 4 at least.

Illinois (7-5) 3 games on the road... Lost 3 of 4 to OSU and 2 of 3 to Michigan.  Beat Minny 3 of 4 and swept MSU.  I'm expecting to win 2/3 here.

Maryland (4-6) 3 games at home... Hasn't really played anyone (MSU, Rutgers, and PSU) and is just 4-6.  Sweep would be nice here.

PSU (3-5) 3 games on the road.. Split with NW and beat Maryland once.  Had a few PPD vs Indiana.  Sweep would be nice here but I'd take 2 of 3 on the road.

MSU (4-8) 3 games on the road... Started 3-0 against Maryland and have went 1-8 since with a lone win against NW.  Would be nice to get a sweep here too.

Rutgers (6-4) 3 games at home... Did take 1 from Indiana and 2 from OSU.  With it being at home, would like to get 2/3 here.

Our schedule the next month and a half isn't very.... tough.... to say the least.  Illinois and Rutgers look to be our two biggest tests.  Using my "hope" predictions above, I'd like to see us go 15-4 over this stretch.  Accounting for a few fluke things to happen and us losing 2-3 more games during this time, that would put us in the 12-7 to 15-4 range.  An overall record of 19-11 to 22-8 range with Indiana coming to town.

I think that is certainly doable and really kind of needed as our SOS will be LOW LOW LOW after this stretch.  

Minny- Check

Illinois- Check

Maryland- TBD, but not going to "check" it as I was hoping for a sweep at home.  Hope we can pick up one more somewhere else.

After taking 2 of 3 from Iowa... My attention is now firmly on the next month and a half.  We don't play another team above us in the standings (currently that's Michigan, Northwestern, and Indiana) until May.  Our next series are as follows....

Illinois (7-5) 3 games on the road... Lost 3 of 4 to OSU and 2 of 3 to Michigan.  Beat Minny 3 of 4 and swept MSU.  I'm expecting to win 2/3 here.

Maryland (4-6) 3 games at home... Hasn't really played anyone (MSU, Rutgers, and PSU) and is just 4-6.  Sweep would be nice here.

PSU (3-5) 3 games on the road.. Split with NW and beat Maryland once.  Had a few PPD vs Indiana.  Sweep would be nice here but I'd take 2 of 3 on the road.

MSU (4-8) 3 games on the road... Started 3-0 against Maryland and have went 1-8 since with a lone win against NW.  Would be nice to get a sweep here too.

Rutgers (6-4) 3 games at home... Did take 1 from Indiana and 2 from OSU.  With it being at home, would like to get 2/3 here.

Our schedule the next month and a half isn't very.... tough.... to say the least.  Illinois and Rutgers look to be our two biggest tests.  Using my "hope" predictions above, I'd like to see us go 15-4 over this stretch.  Accounting for a few fluke things to happen and us losing 2-3 more games during this time, that would put us in the 12-7 to 15-4 range.  An overall record of 19-11 to 22-8 range with Indiana coming to town.

I think that is certainly doable and really kind of needed as our SOS will be LOW LOW LOW after this stretch.  

Have done exactly what I thought we needed to do so far.  Made up for one Maryland loss with a PSU sweep.  Two more weekends of play before we get tested.  

No photo description available.

https://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2021/team-predict-schedule?team=Nebraska&fbclid=IwAR1P9YyL6gHw0Whp_RD3u3GiR_6hQ2demugloxtR1-iM-mAmJLnastkKQno

Warren Nolan expects the Huskers to win 'em all the rest of the way. Interesting.....

(UPDATE) ** Since posting that earlier, Warren Nolan actually expects NU to finish 35-9... so not quite perfection from here on out, but it's pretty close to as good as it gets. **

Edited by AuroranHusker

The baseball team is doing great so far and are fun to follow.    In some ways Coach Bolt and staff benefited from the covid year.   They got to go through fall and then play a handful of games in 2020 before the season was cancelled.   The NCAA then permitted the extra eligibility.    This gave Bolt and staff a chance to reset and address some things.  The returning seniors have been a great benefit.   It's been fun.  They also benefitted by picking up Anderson due to A&M's roster crunch.  (I tip my hat to Coach Childress here for giving Coach Bolt a head's up.)    I hope they can keep it up.  I think they can. Winning is fun. GBR.  

Edited by REDitus

Didn't get the sweep, but 2/3 is better than 1/3.  Bigger series than I originally thought next week and we have to get 2/3 I think.