2021 Baseball

Bugeaters1

After taking 2 of 3 from Iowa... My attention is now firmly on the next month and a half.  We don't play another team above us in the standings (currently that's Michigan, Northwestern, and Indiana) until May.  Our next series are as follows....

Minny (2-9) 4 games at home... we should win 3 of 4 at least.

Illinois (7-5) 3 games on the road... Lost 3 of 4 to OSU and 2 of 3 to Michigan.  Beat Minny 3 of 4 and swept MSU.  I'm expecting to win 2/3 here.

Maryland (4-6) 3 games at home... Hasn't really played anyone (MSU, Rutgers, and PSU) and is just 4-6.  Sweep would be nice here.

PSU (3-5) 3 games on the road.. Split with NW and beat Maryland once.  Had a few PPD vs Indiana.  Sweep would be nice here but I'd take 2 of 3 on the road.

MSU (4-8) 3 games on the road... Started 3-0 against Maryland and have went 1-8 since with a lone win against NW.  Would be nice to get a sweep here too.

Rutgers (6-4) 3 games at home... Did take 1 from Indiana and 2 from OSU.  With it being at home, would like to get 2/3 here.

Our schedule the next month and a half isn't very.... tough.... to say the least.  Illinois and Rutgers look to be our two biggest tests.  Using my "hope" predictions above, I'd like to see us go 15-4 over this stretch.  Accounting for a few fluke things to happen and us losing 2-3 more games during this time, that would put us in the 12-7 to 15-4 range.  An overall record of 19-11 to 22-8 range with Indiana coming to town.

I think that is certainly doable and really kind of needed as our SOS will be LOW LOW LOW after this stretch.  

Edited by hskr4life

8 minutes ago, brfrad said:

Winning 2 out of every 3 should make for a good season.   With no non conference games, it probably won't be enough to make the tournament.

If we can continue to win 2 of 3 every week with a 3 of 4/sweep every now and then, the series against Michigan becomes HUGE at the end of the year.  The Big 10 is going to get a team in.  Should we put ourselves in a good position, the Michigan series could become a play in type of series.

35 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

As of right now Michigan and Indiana would be in the NCAAs. Those two teams need to keep winning and Nebraska needs to keep pace. If Nebraska cements itself as the 3rd best team in the conf and puts some distance between them and the next tier, we could find ourselves on the bubble. 

And a good showing in the Big 10 Tournament would really help.    Oh, wait.....🙄

19 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Nebraska better plan on winning the Big Ten. There are no guarantees that the B1G will qualify more than the regular season league champion, especially without non-league games as well as the lack of a post-season conference tourney champ in 2021.

Edited by AuroranHusker

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

Nebraska better plan on winning the Big Ten. There are no guarantees that the B1G will qualify more than the regular season league champion, especially without non-league games as well as the lack of a post-season conference tourney champ in 2021.

Interesting note that they had not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4!!!!! Big 10 teams in there.  I don't think there's a chance in hell the Big 10 gets 4 bids.  Hell, we rarely get 4 in a regular year.

Baseball America has them in the same regional as a 2 seed.

I do think the Big 10 could get 2 and MAYBE 3 teams in, but 3 is probably max and that might be pushing it.

Edited by hskr4life

51 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Interesting note that they had not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4!!!!! Big 10 teams in there.  I don't think there's a chance in hell the Big 10 gets 4 bids.  Hell, we rarely get 4 in a regular year.

Baseball America has them in the same regional as a 2 seed.

I do think the Big 10 could get 2 and MAYBE 3 teams in, but 3 is probably max and that might be pushing it.

Iowa is first 3 out as well. So almost 5 teams. Baseball America and D1 Baseball are pretty tied in, so it's not outside the realm of possibility.