2021 Baseball

Bugeaters1

9 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Really looking forward to watching NU baseball. After the other Big Red men's teams have been subpar, we have to hold out hope that Husker baseball does well. It's our only hope.

Sadly, the fact that we’re an incompetent conference means that we’ll probably only see the Big 10 get 1-2 bids this year.

11 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Really looking forward to watching NU baseball. After the other Big Red men's teams have been subpar, we have to hold out hope that Husker baseball does well. It's our only hope.

Bolt and company have done a really good job on the recruiting trail. It’s a damn shame we can’t play any non con games this year. 

Husker Mom weighing in ^. What a complete failure. The players, their families, the coaches, the fans - all deserve better. Between this and the B1G jamming a months worth of basketball into a couple weeks for our hoops team, I NEVER want to hear the B1G get on their high horse in regards to serving the "Student Athlete". 

This is utterly ridiculous, now!!  They can reframe the football schedule for next fall.  They can figure out a schedule for basketball to give a team 8 games in 2 weeks.  You can get a softball schedule to start at the end of February.  However, you can not get a baseball schedule for conference only games.  Heck, just start drawing teams out of a hat.

5 minutes ago, brfrad said:

This is utterly ridiculous, now!!  They can reframe the football schedule for next fall.  They can figure out a schedule for basketball to give a team 8 games in 2 weeks.  You can get a softball schedule to start at the end of February.  However, you can not get a baseball schedule for conference only games.  Heck, just start drawing teams out of a hat.

I mean, scheduling is a lot more complicated than just pulling names out of a hat. Especially if you're trying to factor in travel, balance of schedule, etc.

That aside, it does seem the Big Ten has backed themselves into a corner for baseball and it's not a great look for the conference.

7 hours ago, brfrad said:

Just went to the big ten website, they haven't update the baseball page since March 12, 2020.  No update on when a schedule might come out.  Nothing.  Baseball had a runner-up at the CWS.  Maybe we should promote the sport.

Baseball isn't what pays the bills for the B1G.

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

From what I can tell at this moment:

ACC: Feb. 19 to May 22

Big 12: Feb. 19 to May 22

Big Ten: No schedule posted

Pac-12: Feb. 19 to May 29

SEC: Feb. 19 to May 22

I wonder if the B1G is having issues finding a warm weather location to play. The softball teams are going down to Florida to play. But with the travel ban that Biden wants to put on Florida. Just wonder if the baseball side is looking at like Arizona or Texas.

2 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I wonder if the B1G is having issues finding a warm weather location to play. The softball teams are going down to Florida to play. But with the travel ban that Biden wants to put on Florida. Just wonder if the baseball side is looking at like Arizona or Texas.

I am 98% confident that there would be no such domestic ban to ever occur. And even more so, the infrastructure to force testing at borders or airports is not in place for that to even be a plan you can roll out. So I am not worried one bit about that.

But international... many professional teams in Canada have been partnering with US teams to be able to stay within the US border and play, since Canada has stricter rules in place.

I was thinking of our pitching staff given the 44 game limited schedule, especially if we should somehow qualify for post season.  Our pitching depth may be an unknown as mid-week and pre-conference games are gonzo.  On the other hand, no arm should be overworked.   

This an interesting time we live in.