2021 Baseball

Bugeaters1

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Conferences across the country announcing normal schedules starting on time. B1G still trying to figure out a conf only schedule starting god knows when. This conf is the woooorrsssstttt. 

It's ridiculous.  Once again, we jumped the gun on making an announcement and look to be the odd man out.  

58 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

It's ridiculous.  Once again, we jumped the gun on making an announcement and look to be the odd man out.  

If the Mo Valley can figure it out, I'd hope to god that the B1G, with the money and resources at its disposal, could figure it out. An Illini player tweeted out his frustration for lack of direction by the conference. Set a schedule, set COVID protocols, and tell the teams they can schedule non-cons at their own risk - it's not rocket science.

Relevant Tweets:

• 2 weeks later...

With the decision to play only conference games, it looks like the Big 10 probably becomes a 1 bid league.  

No schedule yet is ridiculous.   Games need to start by March 5th at the latest.   That gives you 12 weekends.  Knock off 1 for a bye week (since there are 13 teams), that gives you 33 scheduled games.  IMO the fewest games you should schedule.   I suppose if you are doing 4 game series, you could possibly start the 19th at the latest.  This gives you 36 games.  10 weeks and 9 series.  

They need to get a schedule!  It is not real hard.

15 minutes ago, brfrad said:

With the decision to play only conference games, it looks like the Big 10 probably becomes a 1 bid league.  

No schedule yet is ridiculous.   Games need to start by March 5th at the latest.   That gives you 12 weekends.  Knock off 1 for a bye week (since there are 13 teams), that gives you 33 scheduled games.  IMO the fewest games you should schedule.   I suppose if you are doing 4 game series, you could possibly start the 19th at the latest.  This gives you 36 games.  10 weeks and 9 series.  

Wouldn't be B1G athletics without a little feet dragging.

On 1/27/2021 at 10:45 PM, brfrad said:

The incompetence is jarring at this point. Also completely fucking over the kids. Illinois can go play Duke in hoops 4 states away, when the virus is raging in December. But Nebraska can't drive 40 minutes to play Creighton in baseball in May, when the virus will surely be much more in control. There is also literally no risk for the B1G to come out looking bad as every major conference and a ton of small conferences are playing full slates.  

It's almost too late now to find Non-Con games.  We done shot ourselves in the foot with a decision that was made WAYYYYY to early for a sport that is one of the most socially distanced AND has one of the largest rosters to players on the field that actually play.  There was absolutely NO reason that we couldn't play out of conference.  NONE.

Kevin Warren needs to decide whether he wants his job or not.  Even the conservative Pac 12 is moving forward without us.

7 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

It's almost too late now to find Non-Con games.  We done shot ourselves in the foot with a decision that was made WAYYYYY to early for a sport that is one of the most socially distanced AND has one of the largest rosters to players on the field that actually play.  There was absolutely NO reason that we couldn't play out of conference.  NONE.

Kevin Warren needs to decide whether he wants his job or not.  Even the conservative Pac 12 is moving forward without us.

It's insanity. The MAC who cancelled football,  is allowing 40 conf and 16 non con games for baseball. Seems incredibly stupid for the B1G to purposely shoot their own foot. I'm guessing what's taking so long is there has been much deserved blow back from a few members. 

If 44 games is the goal, with no non-conference games and no Big 10 tournament, the season has to start March 12th.  What do you do if you are coaching?  Hey, guys let's get practicing.  When's our 1st game?  I have no idea if we are even playing this year, but let's get some practice time in.  Will the Big 10 even let us practice?  I have no idea.

The Big 10 has been a shitshow since March.

12 hours ago, brfrad said:

If 44 games is the goal, with no non-conference games and no Big 10 tournament, the season has to start March 12th.  What do you do if you are coaching?  Hey, guys let's get practicing.  When's our 1st game?  I have no idea if we are even playing this year, but let's get some practice time in.  Will the Big 10 even let us practice?  I have no idea.

The Big 10 has been a shitshow since March.

The leaving the B1G talk was dumb to me in years past....but I’m officially on board. Their handling of everything has been hypocritical and beneficial to no one. They’ve had less organization and communication than a little league. Cash rules everything but at what cost.