2022 F Isaac Traudt - Virginia->Creighton

6 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Ha!!
So . . . what was the feigned indecision all about?!

Trying to negotiate a higher NIL?  If so, hope it worked for him.

If speculation on here is true that we offered him in excess of $100K, I knew at that point we were in trouble as that was Creighton's going rate several years ago.

Oh well, onto the next.

3 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

I still hope he is a very good player except for the one day a year we play them. 

him being a star would be very good for the state of Nebraska at the prep level IMO

I don't give a damn either way, I couldn't really give a shit less about him personally

• Navin R. Johnson changed the title to 2022 F Isaac Traudt - Virginia->Creighton
1 hour ago, Cowboy Kermit said:

no surprises here

I have some news for Isaac. He’s not from Creighton, he’s from Nebraska. He never lived in Crete. He can’t go home to Craig.

Note: I was using talk to text and said Creighton all three times but my Siri didn’t wanna write it and I don’t blame her.

20 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I have some news for Isaac. He’s not from Creighton, he’s from Nebraska. He never lived in Crete. He can’t go home to Craig.

Note: I was using talk to text and said Creighton all three times but my Siri didn’t wanna write it and I don’t blame her.

God bless Siri, if only the whole world operated as such.

3 minutes ago, Art Vandalay said:

I hope he gets there and finds out his girlfriend was banging some other dude on the team. That causes him to suck and creates a big rift within the team and they end up sucking ass.

Nothing worse than a dude finding out his girl was cheating on him.  I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  Now the whole team sucking thing... I'm on board with!

Man, I don't know, maybe it's just me being too loyal to Nebraska basketball, but if I had the opportunity to come home and play for Nebraska, be close to family, and get a good NIL deal, I'd be all over that.  I know Nebraska hasn't had Creighton's success, but to get the chance to help take the program to another level would be amazing.  You are literally going to be a starter from day 1 too.  It really makes you appreciate guys like Greisel who wanted to have success at Nebraska so bad.  

8 minutes ago, HuskerMB said:

Man, I don't know, maybe it's just me being too loyal to Nebraska basketball, but if I had the opportunity to come home and play for Nebraska, be close to family, and get a good NIL deal, I'd be all over that.  I know Nebraska hasn't had Creighton's success, but to get the chance to help take the program to another level would be amazing.  You are literally going to be a starter from day 1 too.  It really makes you appreciate guys like Greisel who wanted to have success at Nebraska so bad.  

Exactly!

1 hour ago, HuskerMB said:

Regardless, I think we'll get to that next level with, or Without, Isaac Traudt.

1 hour ago, HuskerMB said:

I know Nebraska hasn't had Creighton's success, but to get the chance to help take the program to another level would be amazing.  

The problem is that people from the outside don't see as being close to the next level.

We see a team that came on in the second half of the season, they see a 16-16 season after 3 straight 20-loss seasons. 

We see Fred making the adjustments to turn it around, they see a dead man walking.

We see returners who can take a big step forward, they see a mediocre roster, with at least 2 of the 3 best players gone.

I don't know how many years I've heard  "you can be part of something really big here,"  but that clearly isn't a great recruiting pitch. 

33 minutes ago, tcp said:

what a great thread....I love it when we collectively go bitter like this. :) 

best way to start getting these players is to be successful. 

You do realize the irony of your statement, don't you?

You are saying we need to be successful in order to get the quality recruits.  Yet, it takes quality recruits to be successful.  We can talk about "coaching" and "culture" all day until sundown, but it still take the Jimmies and the Joes.  People talk about how successful Tang was at KSU this year.  Well, that is because he recruited some elite players.  I seriously doubt he is some mastermind coach or culture savant, he just had some really, really good players on his roster.

Hoiberg and Co. were close to elite in the coaching and culture department this year, and yet we still didn't even make the NIT.  Gotta get the players.  Gotta get the recruits.   Coaching and culture help maximize success, but having talented players is essential to success.  It is impossible to have success in the B1G without FIRST getting the players.

BTW, this is why I have been harping on NIL.  NIL is the one factor NU and its boosters can control.  NU can't control its reputation and history of losing, but it can control its pocket books.  Some may not like it, but if we can buy the players now, and this leads to success, then the success itself will lead to more players, and then we won't have to solely rely on buying the players every year.  But it is probably going to take a large "up front" investment to get to that point. 

Edited by NUdiehard

23 minutes ago, NUdiehard said:

You do realize the irony of your statement, don't you?

You are saying we need to be successful in order to get the quality recruits.  Yet, it takes quality recruits to be successful.  We can talk about "coaching" and "culture" all day until sundown, but it still take the Jimmies and the Joes.  People talk about how successful Tang was at KSU this year.  Well, that is because he recruited some elite players.  I seriously doubt he is some mastermind coach or culture savant, he just had some really, really good players on his roster.

Hoiberg and Co. were close to elite in the coaching and culture department this year, and yet we still didn't even make the NIT.  Gotta get the players.  Gotta get the recruits.   Coaching and culture help maximize success, but having talented players is essential to success.  It is impossible to have success in the B1G without FIRST getting the players.

BTW, this is why I have been harping on NIL.  NIL is the one factor NU and its boosters can control.  NU can't control its reputation and history of losing, but it can control its pocket books.  Some may not like it, but if we can buy the players now, and this leads to success, then the success itself will lead to more players, and then we won't have to solely rely on buying the players every year.  But it is probably going to take a large "up front" investment to get to that point. 

Are you contributing?

39 minutes ago, HB said:

Are you contributing?

I have previously explained that I believe (know) that the Athletic Department has a role in this.  I understand you don't agree.  In my 20 years on this board, I don't think I have ever claimed to have inside information on anything.  But on this, I do.  That is all I will say at this point. 

I only saw him play once and it was on TV and it was against Pius and the Twins gave him fits  

GI was bad and had did it all for them. That is why I saw him not coming here because was tired of being top dog at a not so great team. 
I saw him as a kid that wants to win but not on a team where he has to do it all. Does that make sense?  Kind of like we are below him and his dream. 

1 hour ago, NUdiehard said:

I have previously explained that I believe (know) that the Athletic Department has a role in this.  I understand you don't agree.  In my 20 years on this board, I don't think I have ever claimed to have inside information on anything.  But on this, I do.  That is all I will say at this point. 

It's possible for individuals/businesses to contribute

https://www.1890nebraska.com/contribute/