2022 F Isaac Traudt - Virginia->Creighton

12 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

What is pointing to Creighton with him?  

Girlfriend attends creighton and he waited to enter the portal until the first day of creighton's offseason.  Previous comments about wanting to be closer to "loved ones" rather than "home."  I don't think it's a stretch to say that they are in the driver's seat for his services

Edited by aphilso1

19 minutes ago, busticket said:

I’d say offer his girlfriend an NIL deal because she must be a pretty good volleyball player.  Problem is we are the Alabama of volleyball so we wouldn’t make room for a good player on our team.  She’d have to be elite.

Or, hear me out, a 45-mile separation could be the perfect distance. (Yes, I've been married a long, long time.)

36 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

That interview gave me at least a sliver of hope. Miah was a helluva player HC. Saw him play several times. Glad to hear Traudt has one person in his circle that favors the good guys. Does anyone know if Traudt's sister is good enough for John Cook to consider?

Edited by rwhiston

14 hours ago, rwhiston said:

Miah was a helluva player HC.

Understatement. 

Great coach, too... GIPS is a tough place. 

In my opinion, I think it's a lot closer to 50/50 between us and Creighton than maybe meets the eye. I think it will come down to what the rosters look like at each place. 
Yes, I think his sister is definitely good enough for Cook to give a look at, no question. 

1 hour ago, Swan88 said:

He likely already know what he wants to do.  Any back-and-forth indecision publicity looks like an act—maybe to dispel any appearance of improper contacts before entering the portal.

Creighton has to have the room for him. Knowing what he wants to do and what will happen aren’t necessarily the same thing.  Also you are making big assumptions that schools were certainly cheating by making improper contact. 

1 hour ago, Swan88 said:

He likely already know what he wants to do.  Any back-and-forth indecision publicity looks like an act—maybe to dispel any appearance of improper contacts before entering the portal.

He could also be waiting to see how the Creighton roster shakes out.  If everyone comes back there will not be very many minutes left.

19 minutes ago, MichHusker said:

Is the expectation that if he comes here he's immediately a difference maker? Genuine question. Or are we viewing him as more as depth and then turning into a key starter for the 2024/25 season?

I'd expect him to be a significant contributor right away. He averaged 12 ppg in Virginia's trip to Italy last summer. Then he chose to redshirt, bulked up to 235 pounds and was coached by Tony Bennett for a year. 

13 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

I'd expect him to be a significant contributor right away. He averaged 12 ppg in Virginia's trip to Italy last summer. Then he chose to redshirt, bulked up to 235 pounds and was coached by Tony Bennett for a year. 

This. Only thing I can add is that he was expected to be a key contributor for UVA next year based on how well he was playing on the scout team while redshirting.

19 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

I'm hearing he is planning on committing to CU as early as tonight.  His high school coaches and parents want him to come to NU but his girlfriend is wanting him to come to CU instead.

Hopefully it happens quickly so we can move on.  I didn't like how long Baylor drug things out last year.

29 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

I'm hearing he is planning on committing to CU as early as tonight.  His high school coaches and parents want him to come to NU but his girlfriend is wanting him to come to CU instead.

OK, so now we get to see if he's a good son who honors his father and his mother or if he's whipped.

48 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

Some young/single poster want to slide into that chicks DM's?  If he doesn't have her, it's an easy choice.  LOL.

3 hours ago, royalfan said:

Creighton has to have the room for him. Knowing what he wants to do and what will happen aren’t necessarily the same thing.  Also you are making big assumptions that schools were certainly cheating by making improper contact. 

CU has an open scholarship. They were docked one this past year due to the whole paying players before it was legal thing. 

3 hours ago, royalfan said:

You can't spell Creighton without CHEAT.  That is, if you misspell Creighton.